cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI barred when phone lost. Now its been found O2 cannot reinstate my network on my phones handset

FLW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I hope someone can help. I called O2 on 08/01/22 as I had lost my phone and requested that the phone and IMEI be blocked to prevent fraudulent activity incase it was stolen. (I actually had to contact O2 3 times before the block was successfully placed on the handset) . The phone was then found and just after lunch on 08/01/22 I called O2 to request the blocks were lifted on both the IMEI for the handset and sim. I was advised this could take up to 24 hours to reactivate. On 09/01/22 I called O2 again as was still unable to make or receive calls. I was told the IMEI lift had not been requested. They apologised and again told me to wait 24 hours. A further 24 hours passed and yesterday I contacted O2 again....once again I was told that the IMEI had not been lifted from the back end. They apologised and advised they would give me a £10 good will gesture into my account for the inconvenience and send me a text once this was activated (I still can't receive texts so needless to say I haven't received anything!) They again stated that my phone would be in full working order within 24hrs. Fast forward 24 hours again and you guessed it.... My phone still does not work. They have today advised they can send a new sim (NB they have already sent a new sim following my initial request on 8th January and this arrived today but as I have explained to them several times now, my original sim is working perfectly fine as I have tried it in another handset and the sim block is definitely lifted as on other handsets the O2 network functions perfectly, it is the block on the IMEI phone handset device itself that is the problem and I cannot use my phone for the network provision I am paying for. I can connect to WhatsApp etc and all WiFi apps when in the house but I cannot make or receive calls through O2 network and cannot use my phone at all when I am away from home. When I have checked websites they all state whichever carrier placed the barrier on the device, only that same carrier can remove it so I am stuck with a phone that I cannot use away from home. Its been 4 days now and I am feeling my only option is to buy a new handset as none of the CS agents appear to be able to fix this issue for me. Has anyone experienced a similar issue or can anyone offer any advice on how I can get the IMEI barrier lifted as O2 are stating there are no restrictions showing on my account yet I am here with a phone that no longer works. 

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Ester_Somers
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for letting me know! 

@O2Ryan can you help me with this ? Thank you!

Message 101 of 129

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 102 of 129

Ester_Somers
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

anyone know who's on duty this morning ?

Message 103 of 129

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

It is @O2Sarah- this morning @Ester_Somers 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 104 of 129

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj 

Good morning @Ester_Somers is there anything I can help with ? 

Message 105 of 129

Ester_Somers
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah,

thanks for replying. I didn't hear back from Ryan yesterday so hoping you could help me today with my IMEI number being blocked

Message 106 of 129

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Ester_Somers  Of course. I will send you a private message so we can confirm some details. 

Message 107 of 129

Lauda10
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem a,d gett8ng nowhere with customer services. Could you ask@O2Lisa to contact me - I need her assistance. Many thanks Lauren

Message 108 of 129

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@Lauda10 wrote:

I have the same problem a,d gett8ng nowhere with customer services. Could you ask@O2Lisa to contact me - I need her assistance. Many thanks Lauren

Haven't seen Lisa on the roster for many weeks now - but @O2Jonathan is on today until 18:00, if he can help, @Lauda10 - good luck!

Message 109 of 129

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn thank you for the tag, I will private message you now @Lauda10 .

signature
Message 110 of 129