Did you mean: 

How do you manage stress?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone!

It's normal to feel stressed from time to time, but when stress becomes overwhelming and persistent, it can be very damaging to both mental and physical health.

I came across a recent article that lists some stress-management apps that you can download on your mobile. Have you tried any that you can recommend?

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 11.08.41.png

I also read that simple tasks can also play a part in stress management, especially with the type of stress that hasn’t yet formed into something overwhelming. Things that you can do in your day-to-day life such as while doing the dishes. This article lists some surprising ways to reduce stress: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/changepower/201602/11-easy-and-unexpected-ways-reduce-stress

Most of us have probably felt stressed at some point, especially when in working life or studying. It would be great to hear from the community what normally works for you, if you’ve tried any stress-management apps on your mobile device, and also if you have any other tips to share that you have tried and found helpful? smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I used to get stressed when I was younger but I genuinely don't care about anything anymore it's good lol
Message 2 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

OOps for me just beer !

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's a good article Martin and no doubt being stressed, creates more stress.

It has to be remembered though, those suggestions wont work for everyone.

People who have undergone life changing surgery, suffered a bereavement, or have a life limiting disease will probably need a lot more help.

They can find themselves getting stressed about little things, which never happened to them before. Then they get more stressed about being stressed (if you understand me. These people may need more professional help

Personally I love reading a good book, sitting in the sun and the company of good friends always relieves my stress.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never thought about an app, I just get out on the bike with the earphones in.. once you're tearing up a trail most things are forgotten!
Message 5 of 26

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It's a good article Martin and no doubt being stressed, creates more stress.

It has to be remembered though, those suggestions wont work for everyone.

People who have undergone life changing surgery, suffered a bereavement, or have a life limiting disease will probably need a lot more help.

They can find themselves getting stressed about little things, which never happened to them before. Then they get more stressed about being stressed (if you understand me. These people may need more professional help

Personally I love reading a good book, sitting in the sun and the company of good friends always relieves my stress.

^^^^^ That exactly. Home visits for me....

Message 6 of 26

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

This ones a bit close to home to be honest, but I can recommend Headspace. 

For me (but everyone is different) its all about getting balance back into your life and learning how to handle those stressful situations in a more positive way.

It works with time and commitment and the want to make a change for yourself.

Message 7 of 26

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2
Walking, always meet a few people doing different things wherever I walk. Love walking, a great destresser for me.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

This ones a bit close to home to be honest, but I can recommend Headspace. 

Yes me too but it helps to sometimes talk to others rather than looking at apps that to be honest, do nothing at all for my problems. I'm sure there are helplines un by all NHS Trusts. Here we can call these people when needed. Around 4am I've called a few times when unable to sleep with pain, stress and worry. It helps.

https://www.lancashirecare.nhs.uk/Mindsmatter-Useful-Links

For anyone in this area.

Message 9 of 26

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
When posting a reply to @Anonymous Freddie mercury, another destresser for me was singing along (loudly) to fav songs ☺ out of earshot considering others! In car is good. On way to stress, unwound by then. My animals too, looking after them great for me. Clearing and cleaning up garden this week I was helped along with two robins each keeping to their boundaries. Jumping on and in front of my rubber rake, picking up little bugs. They are so funny. Natural or Nature anything real, art, making things, remember wood working? Remember hobbies?
Unfortunately social media is easy. It's good but humans need reality, interests. I notice that the ordinary things in life are being forgotten. Walking on beach looking at rock pools or in parks looking at the trees style of leaves. Just meeting friends.
Not getting better either with Virtual Reality being pushed by cash driven companies.
I'm not on a soapbox I'm doing or have done what I preach and moving seemlessly into new tech which I love.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 10 of 26