cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday

Anonymous
Not applicable
How could that be possible when the phone was on airplane mode also the data was turn off and the biggest joke is the phone itself was over heating so it would not turn on. That was going on for two long weeks . 

I did not use the data not even once while I was away so therefore I will not be paying that bill that am being charge . Also I will be cancelling the direct debit that's on my o2 account . I will be telling all my friends and family of how o2 is trying to me off . I will be taking this to every social media site of how o2 try to pin a bill on me that I did not use. I live in Birmingham so I will be writing an article to the Birmingham mail telling them what o2 is trying to do . I will try and make contact with Martin Lawrence so he can put it on his website and last but not least I will be bringing the matter to a small claim court to get back my money that o2 have taken from me.  
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144903 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Where did you go on holiday and have you spoken to customer service about the bill?
Cancelling your DD will just result in O2 selling the debt to a collection agency which will get you credit blacklisted, so whilst I understand your are upset right now, long term, it is in your own best interests to sort this out correctly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123320 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you feel you have need to complain then use the details in this link...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call customer service about your bill. I doubt the media will publish anything based on one persons say so

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think you probably mean Martin Lewis. This isn't customer service so you need to call them and look in My O2 to get a breakdown of the charges. 

Whatever you do don't cancel your direct debit as the repercussions will stay with you for 6 years and you will not be able to get a contract with any other network or indeed any form of credit not least a mortgage. 

Don't do anything in haste without thinking it through thoroughly. Make the complaint if you feel justified once you have discussed it with O2. 

It worries me that if the phone was getting hot then an app or a software update was causing it which would mean data was being used if you weren't connected to wifi. 

Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Did you speak to customer services in the end? As the community has advised above you should avoid just cancelling the direct debit so that your bill is not passed to a collections agency! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6