Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only asking if o2 will be doing free streaming as three are doing it would be nice as without using your data wink
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paddyguy I doubt that will happen & only O2 will know that @Chris_K

Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
They already do have offers of this from time to time on certain phones and tariffs but I doubt it will ever become mainstream.
It's a marketing tool used by other networks and O2 have their own variations already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh ive got the s8+ but dont get free streaming 😞
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then your not likely to get it if it didn’t come with the contract you have

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Voda have just launched a rolling 30 day SIM only yoof focused entire MVNO network called Voxi with unlimited data for social media , and currently free music and video passes for unlimited data on those,  (Selected suppliers but including Netlix, Spotify and the usual suspects) with 2gb 5gb or 10gb 'everything else' data and unlimited minutes, texts EU roaming and even picture messages for £10, £15 or £20. You have to be under 25 to join. The only restriction on free stuff is you have to have some everything else data left.

So I wouldn't be so sure that unlimited data for selected services isn't coming - there are huge net neutrality issues tho!

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 got rid of unlimited data years ago & I don’t see them bringing it back anytime soon 

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only unlimited on certain services @Anonymous and so encourages people to certain content providers (who may also want a subscription) - and not others. But if it's a choice of 'free' data on say Netflix & Spotify as long as you have a subscription or paid for data on Amazon or Sky Go or Apple Music plus the subscription - I think Netflix & Spotify will win out.  No wonder Rupert's sold Sky to Disney - He can see which way the wind's blowing ... 

QUESTION : what happens to all the paid for buy & keep online content, videos and music that were supposedly ''yours to keep forever' when Sky, Amazon & iTunes close down their video & music streaming services?

Message 8 of 17

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

QUESTION : what happens to all the paid for buy & keep online content, videos and music that were supposedly ''yours to keep forever' when Sky, Amazon & iTunes close down their video & music streaming services?

ANSWER: Its not a problem: you're supposed to make a backup copy. You do invest in backup devices don't you?

BTW, this Voxi thing won't last. We've been here many times when it gets to a point where they're losing money and have to will put up prices or the rather more subtle way of reducing components of a tariff. Even better cost-wise for them, speed and bandwidth will drop proportionally till you're forced to change to a tariff that suddenly is "our fastest ever speed with even less benefits". 

Sheepdog in "3 drives on a vinyl backup" mode 

Message 9 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous, I can't comment on Sky and iTunes but I can for Amazon as I'm a Prime member. Amazon substantially increased their subscription to Prime (by £30 pa) on the grounds that membership would include streaming of 1,000s of films and TV shows, which is increased regularly. Also included are Amazon exclusive TV series like Ripper Street, Bosch and Sneaky Pete. I doubt anyone, including me, would continue to pay £79 pa (or £7.99 pm) simply for next day delivery! So I can't see them getting rid of this service unless they wish to lose substantial revenue or are prepared to offer a comparable service/perk to justify Prime's subscription.

Prime Music and Prime Music Unlimited are not included in the Prime membership subscription. If you wish to subscribe to either service you have to pay an additional monthly fee on top of your Prime subscription. As they are competing with the likes of Spotify and iTunes, again I don't see it disappearing in the near future. Though I do agree with @sheepdog it probably won't last forever. It's why I personally prefer to download my music. Once I've paid for it it's mine to keep forever. Oh and it gets backed up regularly, just in case 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 17