cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with activating Telstra sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am currently in Australia and want to use a Telstra pre-paid Sim in my O2 phone whilst here. I have an iphone5. My iPhone says I need to contact my carrier to get it unlocked. Can I get advice on how to do this. Paul
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am currently in Australia and want to use a Telstra pre-paid Sim in my O2 phone whilst here. I have an iphone5. My iPhone says I need to contact my carrier to get it unlocked. Can I get advice on how to do this. Paul

Hi @Anonymous 

You should really have unlocked this phone before travelling abroad. It would have been so much easier. :smileywink:...
This is the number to phone O2 Customer services from abroad.....(for pay monthly customers...)
From abroad +44 3448090202 Free†

Or you could try the unlock form here

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

You should really have unlocked this phone before travelling abroad. It would have been so much easier. :smileywink:...
This is the number to phone O2 Customer services from abroad.....(for pay monthly customers...)
From abroad +44 3448090202 Free†

Or you could try the unlock form here

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How long are you in Australia for as it could take anything from a few days up to 14 days for any unlock.

If you are on contract you could use TuGo in the meantime over wifi to utilise your allowances.

If P&G you need £15 credit for the unlock.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't be able to unlock it over there, you can only unlock it in this country where you bought the phone from
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You won't be able to unlock it over there, you can only unlock it in this country where you bought the phone from

Sorry, but that is incorrect info.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for clarifying guys slight_smile
What was your experience unlocking your phone abroad @Anonymous ?
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous as I understood it I thought you had to be in this country to get a phone unlocked that's why I said my previous statement
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous as I understood it I thought you had to be in this country to get a phone unlocked that's why I said my previous statement

I agree it might be easier to be in the UK esp if something goes wrong, but as long as you have previously used the phone on o2-uk all should go well where ever you are.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that clarification @MI5
Message 10 of 10