Did you mean: 

Help things going from bad to worse

lincs_geezer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Maybe someone can think of something I'm not.   After the Virgin to o2 switchover I noticed my mobile internet wasn't working.   I contacted support a couple of times, to be honest I could barely understand them and they couldn't understand me.  They got me to add an APN but just put in o2 which seemed bizarre.  They also changed a "bolt-on" setting or something and said to wait 24 hours.  Anyway after speaking to them I looked into the APN stuff and found just putting in o2 wouldn't work so entered the details as described on here.  And hey presto all working fine.  Anyway so 24 hours later I look at my phone and now it says emergency calls only, and I cannot make any calls or connect to the internet and have no "bars".   What could they have done?  I'm dreading contacting them again it was horrible spent half a day on hold and talking to people who didn't have a clue. 

I'm on the verge of buying a new phone and cancelling my 02 contract, although that looks like it will be a nightmare now I can't send /receive texts/calls on my current phone.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123361 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

If you have no access to a phone then use Skype to call 0800 032 1402 Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@lincs_geezer if you have wifi, use the MyO2 app (or chat via website) and contact Customer Service via the chat function. Always found this to be a good way to understand anyone you are in contact with.

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 3 of 5

lincs_geezer
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I did that.  It turns out the guy who ordered my new sim (which I don't need as the phone just needed the correct APN settings entered) had ordered me a pre-activated sim by mistake, which disabled my old sim!  I spoke to the first sane person on chat (Abigail) who apologised profusely and re-activated my old sim.

My phone is working again now but I will be looking to move from o2 ASAP there is no way I am going through this again.  

Message 4 of 5

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@lincs_geezer See this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  which may help

I suspect that you will find similar customer service with all the providers, I have been with most and cannot see any difference.  Virgin Mobile back in the day were the best but then they outsourced same as the others.  Good luck whichever direction you go.

Always find chat easier as generally you both know what the other is saying 😁

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 5 of 5