cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well hoping Toby has some power to do something here.
Message 51 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144652 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Toby is our community manager, not the CEO !
Hopefully he can get the correct people engaged, but that's as far as it goes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 68

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 53 of 68

MI5
  • 144652 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
True 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The really awful aspect of this is that no one is really shocked....

Yes...Damn sickening really..Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
So is this a common thing? Is this how they treat their customers? It is sickening.
Message 56 of 68

MI5
  • 144652 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Mis-communication and incorrect advice is common.

Currently using:
Message 57 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Problem is.... on here we usually only hear the complaints. Rarely do people post of any good experiences slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 68

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It isn't the norm certainly but it seems when things go wrong, no one will take responsibility to sort out issues.

Message 59 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct no one will take control. Unfortunately for them I have the patience of a saint and will phone and annoy them every day for the remainder of my contract if need be. At the moment a mast is down so everything is put down to that, even though the engineers notes say I will get no coverage. I have been down this route about 3-4 times now I can tell exactly what will happen next.

1 - Mast is down
2- Mast is fixed and still no coverage so sent to the network team
3- Network team phones and apologizes saying I have no coverage and nothing can be done to fix that
4 - Sent back to customer services who will then forward to the TUGO team
5- TUGO team try various things but long story short their app is crap
6 - Back to customer service who apologies for all the hassle, at this stage they make so sort of offer.
7- Next day phone back offer was rubbish call has to be pulled
8- Callpull is ignored and the go back to number 1 and start all over again.

The annoying part is there is no one higher I can go to, the Ombudsman hasn't replied either 2 weeks later.

Message 60 of 68