cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever went to Ofcom? Did it do any good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've posted before about my rubbish data speeds and non existant signal at home.  I have lodged 2 complaints to O2 and get the 

"We’re sorry about your recent experience and can confirm that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns. We may need call you to talk about this and once we have completed our investigation, we will write to you. Usually within 7 working days.

You can find details of our Complaints Procedure on our website www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain. Please take time to read this as it explains how we will deal with your complaint."

Auto responder email but then never reply and just ignore.  I took it to the CEO, they responded quickly but unfortunately for me on the day they did the engineers were carrying out work on my mast and it was all put down to that, I explained this is an on going thing but they would not listen, once the work was finished my problems were not fixed and they have just ignored me since.

So I am at the end of my tether with them. 

Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's the first report we've had where a customer has received no response from the office of the CEO.

They did reply once but as I think I mentioned, at the time I emailed them they happened to be working on the mast so all was blamed on that, when they fixed the mast and I still had no coverage they have avoided me since.

Message 41 of 68

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager and I've just caught up with this thread. Where are you with these issues? Feel free to PM me about it any time!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 42 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.  Right finally the issue has been closed.  I phoned last night and got through to a very helpful south african lady.  She looked back over the issue which has been on going since October, she could not believe the way I have been constantly ignored and messed about.  She offered me £5 of my line rental each month for the next 12 month.  OK its not great but its the best I am gonna get from this company.  I'll take that and come this time next year I'll be getting the hell out of dodge. Horrible horrible company.

Message 43 of 68

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
At least you're getting a decent speed now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 44 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Good to hear @Anonymous Though I would advise you keep checking your bill on a monthly basis to ensure that happens...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

great news @n1guy. Let us know in you need more help in the future

Message 46 of 68

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Some good news finally. The problem now is that you've lost all confidence in O2. Once that's gone it's very hard to retrieve but to be honest, coverage should be your prime concern. If it's now ok I would be wary about going with a new network unless you try out some free P&G sims to ensure coverage is adequate.

Message 47 of 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I find myself back here again.  You guys made me paranoid so I phoned to make sure the £5 off per month was actually done.  And you know what I am going to say?  Yes I have been spun another bit of total and utter crap.  Didn't happen apparantely.  No notes left once again nothing.  

To be honest I am shocked here, I have been suckered once again.  What type of company is this? Why do they tell so many lies and give people the run around? I really do not know what to do now. Have you ever heard of anyone else being treated like this?

Toby I have sent you a PM.

Message 48 of 68

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @Anonymous This was the reason I told you to keep checking your bill monthly to make sure this was happening. Obviously someone wanted to make you feel appeased. Seems like that was the reason nothing was added to your notes. You have every right to be furious I hope @Toby will be able to help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 68

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Shocked

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 50 of 68