cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got txts from shortcode 65655 pretending to be o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called customer services yesterday and today i've received 2 text messages from the short code number 65655 pretending to be o2 asking me how i rated the customer service experience yesterday.

the 1st text was:

Hello, thanks for contacting o2. We'd like to ask you for some feedback about your customer service experience. (All texts are FREE).

Then shortly after it sends you another text saying:

Q1 of 3: How satisfied were you overall with the experience of calling o2 yesterday - on a scale of 5 (very satisfied) to 1 (very dissatisfied)?

To me this is outrageous, 1 because o2 haven't notified customers in advance that this 3rd party number will be contacting us asking about our experience, 2 because they've passed on my number to a 3rd party company (according to PhonePayPlus who list all the shortcodes/premium rate numbers) of oxygen8 based in Birmingham who don't have anything to do with o2 it seems on first sight. I never opted into anything like this!

Has anyone receieved anything like this yet?

As i am quite clued up on text spam which I receieved in the past 2 years ago, I first reaction was to think this text is a company pretending to be o2 and spoofing such identity. Normally a text from o2 will say 'o2-uk' at the top of the text.

I didn't respond as I know with spam as soon as you respond you start getting texts sent again and again and they never stop and usually they charge you.

o2 keep saying they don't sell on our information or pass on their information but that's exactly what they've done!

They should have at least notified us on their website that a 3rd party will contact us asking us about our customer service experience but conveniently they haven't because that will admit liability that they've pass on our details to a 3rd party company?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is O2. They can legitimately ask you for your customer service experience. I have responded to them in the past and have not had any other contact after that. And if you check on PhonePayPlus, it states the texts to and from that number are free of charge.

If you don't want to, then just delete it, however it will give you a chance to have your say about the quality of customer service you recieved.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
. . . .and if you check oxygen8's website, they are simply a company that provide SMS services to businesses (like O2) and charities.

So all that has happened is that O2 have sub-contracted the satisfaction survey as they do with this forum, customer service, the network etc etc.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the exact same messages, the only difference is I am NOT an O2 customer, and I did NOT call them yesterday or any other day.
If these unsolicited messages continue how do I make them stop ?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been charged £142 on my contract because of these premium texts and o2 have turned around and said I have to pay it. So now my contract has been cut off.

Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been charged £142 on my contract because of these premium texts and o2 have turned around and said I have to pay it. So now my contract has been cut off.

There is something wrong here, texts from this number are from O2 and there is no charge.

You must be getting texts from another source.

See the post above by plymouthbloke.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

That short text number is used as a satisfaction survey by O2. Usually 5 questions with no charge for answering.

Message 7 of 7