cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced this calling problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have a user in our office who is going stir crazy with his O2 phone.  When someone calls him (from a landline, from an O2 mobile, or any other mobile), the caller hears the normal ring tone and assumes the mobile is ringing.  However, the mobile is not ringing!

We have tried his sim card in other iphones, in an android phone, with 3G and 4G off, all data off, and the same problem persists.  He can call out, and can send and recieve normal texts when all data is off.

He has called O2 support and they have tried all the usual things (getting himt to restart his phone, sending him new sim settings).  He was sent a new sim card yesterday and after swappinng it over the problem still exists, and the O2 support line can't seem to help him.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Get him to open the Tu app and go into settings, turn off voicemail from withing the app, then log out of Tu and reboot the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If the problem is apparent in other phones it must be account related. I think only o2 can resolve this. There is no setting you can adjust apart from this one.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/m-p/36...

Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Are you saying the problem only occurs when data is on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
I dunno which is why I asked?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Two questions:
1 - You/He hasn't set up Tu?
2 - You have checked that call divert is set correctly?
I know that the second one is really simple, but worth checking that a divert is not in place.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is consistent in any configuration of data on, data off, 4G enabled and disabled (forced 3G and 2G only when the option was there but there has been an update at some point and now you can only choose to enable 4G).

The user has repeatedly called the O2 support lines and is really being given the run around.  Is there a way of escalating the issue?

Thanks for the very fast responses by the way! slight_smile

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu has been set up on the phone, as the Vodafone/O2 mast locally has been playing up for several months.  However it is now switched off as we seem to have adequate service now.

There isn't a divert in place as far as I am aware, as the call will eventually go to his answerphone  but will check now to be certain.

Message 8 of 21

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions
Get him to open the Tu app and go into settings, turn off voicemail from withing the app, then log out of Tu and reboot the phone.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would call ##002# on the phone which will cancel any diverts.

If that doesn't fix it then sign into TU, close the account and tick the box to delete all data and then uninstall. It can always be reinstalled by starting from scratch.

Message 10 of 21