cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harassment calls from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Today I had a really bad experience with O2 customer service and their apparent customer service manager Mr Moore who frankly needs to learn better customer service skills, disgard his jobsworth hat and maybe start looking for a new job as having had 3 interactions with this company their pathetic excuse was not good enough. At 14:10 I received a message telling me that "your mobile bill is STILL outstanding. We're diverting your outgoing calls to our payment line" which I thought was concerning as I was not aware that any bill was outstanding so I called them. Yep there was an issue as the Credit Card for continuous payment had expired. But minutes after changing this and updating the information on file and having spoken to their supervisor, some 48 mins later an automated service rings me asking me whether I was who I am..... by this time I was getting fed up and rang their service centre and asked to speak to the supervisor Lee I had spoken to previously....not a chance! Eventually I went back to doing what I was doing and "ping" ten minutes later (so a whole hour after payment) yet another message telling me "to avoid not being able to use my phone" to ring them. I eventually got through to their admin and asked to speak to the manager who I have to say was less than sympathetic and I advised him that having tried 7 times to ask to speak to his boss as the less than satisfactory message "it is the system updating itself" was just about doing my head in.... Mr Moore told me he was the customer services manager yet after 20yrs of being with the company he was unable to put me through to the customer services director who I wanted to speak to because quote "HE WOULD NOT TAKE MY CALL" which I find amusing. Surely as a manager and a difficult customer he would be allowed to escalate a call to his director unless of course Mr Moore was not a manager but someone who was "supposed to be a manager" and hence would a director take a call from someone who was an admin clerk (possibly not)..... now he and I had quite a long discussion and I told him I would update my friends who are reporters (done!) and that when the news breaks tomorrow about harassing a customer and his name attached to it, this man was not even fazed!! Why should I continue with this company when they are blatently jobsworths and hey, complaining to them he told me would have to be in a letter....but hold on Mr Moore, if you ARE a manager, and I am complaining to you and I HAVE asked to speak to the director, have you not now stopped your own procedure and then making up customer service resolution as he went along..... has anyone else had this poor pathetic useless customer service?? Their O2 facebook page has loads of people complaining about how pathetic they are so come on TELEFONICA get your finger out and either train the useless ones or sack them as you will lose a loyal customer.....and I mean I will make sure heads will roll....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

just contacted their online complaints based overseas and the robot on the end kept asking for email address and phone number when I said I wanted someone to call me - spent half an hour with Sachie (the robot) who kept telling me that the manager's boss was a supervisor??? Sorry how odd is this???

Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I have asked for your post to be moved as you are in the Home Broadband section, just shows how easy it is for a mistake to be made doesn't it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny that they can move my posting but solve my bloody problem - typical useless shower!

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23194 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Funny how it was your error in the first place for not keeping your credit card details updated that caused the message to be generated, and 48 minutes later they run a security check and you throw a paddy. It's also funny that I haven't seen anything in the news from your reporter friends about a customer being harrassed. I'm sure the O2 staff you spoke to must be trembling in their boots and will be checking in the mirror to see if their heads are still attached. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Mnn...user name explains a lot. Glad I've never had to speak with you on the phone!:smileywink:

Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny that they can move my posting but solve my bloody problem - typical useless shower!

Funny you assume the people that run the forum are the same ones handling your account. Smiley Indifferent

Set up a direct debit as you should have done in the first place and pay like everone else does!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7