cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy I left o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

After my last debacle with o2 I decided to give them one more chance - and yet again they failed.

I bought a Lumia 620 in the morning of Wednesday and it was in stock, so I selected delivery next day and arranged for someone to be at home. Later that day I called to ask for an update first via Guru Chat and then via CS number. I was told on both occassions that the phone was now out of stock and would not be delivered the next day. I then cancelled the arrangements I had made for tomorrow.

Later the same day I get a text saying the phone will be delivered tomorrow. I then called the courier company to re-arrange for another day as I had already cancelled my arrangements for Thursday.

I wrote an email to o2 complaints saying the systems should be better - when your website is saying its in stock and your CS people saying its out of stock only to be told by the courier its getting delivered.

The person who emailed me from the complaints department (I wont mention his name) was very belligerent. 

He said as the CS people were only telling me what they saw on their screens I was not misinformed even though o2 was telling me two different things. I simply asked for an apology - but he was not willing to accept o2 had misinformed me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
They only go by what's on their screens, you weren't misinformed as they told you the information that they had at the time. Their obviously was a miscommunication somewhere between the departments
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are all representatives of o2. The fact they told me what they saw does not remove the fact I was told different things by O2.

Or are you saying these people working for o2 do not represent o2?
Message 3 of 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Meh bit of a trade off here. You were I presume disappointed the phone was out of stock yet then it was being sent anyway.

Stupid I agree but o well you've got it now right?

What is an apology worth from a faceless entity?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of companies get it wrong sometimes.

Many use the getting it right 1st time analogy.

What really counts after the ball is dropped is what they do to rectify it.

In your instance you say an apology would have sufficed which is a reasonable request.

I hope you end up with the network, tariff and handset of your choice.

Take care.
Message 5 of 5