cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire 626

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would strongly recommened thinking twice about getting this phone, while the screen size, ability to personalize and the quality of the camera is very good, there is one major fault. Using any app that you install, will freeze the phone and the only way to get around this is to perform a soft reset. it may not seem like a severe problem, but when the phone freezes, if you have your data on, it will drain it, regardless of if you're able to access any information. I have spent several hours trying to find a fix for this, and the only "fixes" i have found have said to either perform a hard reset (factory reset) or a soft reset, then there is the unmounting of the sd card, which i do not have. 

on top of this, hardware is completley unreachable, including the battery, this means that the sub par battery life is also a big flaw as well as being unable to replace any broken parts such as cameras, screen and speakers.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum. This doesn't sound very impressive at all. How old is the phone? If it is faulty you can return it within 28days. However another option,  is to contact HTC UK for support. If its a known problem they should replace it...Either way they are the best people to speak to....Contact details here http://www.htc.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
It sounds like there is a problem with the phone. Have you tried a hard reset? They haven't had the phone long I would look at returning it within the 28 days. Other than that, as above, return it to HTC.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Definitely sounds like a conflict so you should try a hard reset. This is different to the soft resets you have been doing and should.clear any software issues.
You can choose the option to keep your personal data so you shouldn't lose anything but you should always make a back up just in case.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Let us know how you get on with this @Anonymous and welcome. It definitely sounds like a fault with your specific device as others have said here. Try out their advice and update us.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does htc desire 626 comes with a Video Recording? After two weeks of using it,i just noticed my phone doesnt have the video capture feature. And also how do i fix the problem of after taken each picture,my phone just exit the camera app, so everytime i have to go back into the camera app if i want to take another picture.

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous According to HTC it does

http://www.htc.com/uk/support/htc-desire-s/howto/23328.html 

http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-desire-626/howto/638146.html

I suggest if you are having problems then link to the site shown...or give HTC a call. Number in the link provided

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you read the manual?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Have you read the manual?

That's a polite version of a popular response !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 11