cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye o2. Hello other networks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
#### I'd never have signed up to an 18 month contract in a billion years, I never have, because I know I'd want a new phone way before 18 months is up. But o2 allow us to upgrade early, so why not? So I signed it like a sucker and now they've changed their philosophy and we can't upgrade until they've had the entire 18 months out of us, by which time the iPhone 3Gs will be old news, furthermore, it will only be 6 months before the next gen iPhone will be released. So should we get the iPhone 3Gs in 6 months time, we're then tied to another 18 months, meaning we won't then get the next gen, until its been out for 12 months! by which time, the next model will be out and so on, see what I mean?

So I'll be canceling my 15 year old contract, buying a Voda PAYG sim, a new sim free iPhone 3GS and using it on PAYG from now on. I certainly don't wanna be prevented from being able to upgrade my iPhone as and when they're released.

Goodbye o2.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
See ya.
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ta ra!

p.s

"I certainly don't wanna be prevented from being able to upgrade my iPhone as and when they're released. "

You're not being prevented at all, you just don't like the terms you have to do it over.
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolute rubbish.

I can't upgrade to the new iPhone with o2. Until it's 6 months old, because they woudn't let me sign up to 12 months. But it wasn't an issue, because o2 were allowing iPhone users to upgrade early and stated they'd stick with that policy in future.

Anyway, its a joke.
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolute rubbish.
I can't upgrade to the new iPhone with o2. Until it's 6 months old, because they woudn't let me sign up to 12 months. But it wasn't an issue, because o2 were allowing iPhone users to upgrade early and stated they'd stick with that policy in future.
Anyway, its a joke.

I was told by the O2 sales person when I signed up for my 18 month contract back in Feb this year that when the next iPhone was released, they would offer the same upgrade deal they offered with the iPhone 3G... Clearly not the case!
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was not actually confirmed until last night that there actually was a new iphone coming out..... until this is confirmed then there are only rumours.
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
it was not actually confirmed until last night that there actually was a new iphone coming out..... until this is confirmed then there are only rumours.

Apple released the first iPhone in November 2007 (June '07 in the USA, announced in Jan '07), the iPhone 3G in July '08 and the 3GS in June '09.

This said, I think it is fair to expect Apple to release an updated iPhone every summer.
Message 7 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
again until this is confirmed we cannot assume that there will be a handset released
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
But when told by O2 there will be an upgrade option, it is irrelevant whether a new handset has been announced or not - they are saying that if one were to be released they would offer a discounted upgrade option.
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
well that has just been a shop worker blabbing on.... :womanindifferent:
Message 10 of 24