Did you mean: 

Give us your thoughts on a Community Knowledge Base

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Some of you may recall that I mentioned a Knowledge Base late last year.

A Knowledge Base (KB) is a structured and organised place where we can move some of the great guides, content and advice that you give to form a nicely presented set of help 'articles'

O2 has many products and services and these are reflected in the large variety of boards we have on the community.

If/when we start to create a KB here on the community, we've been thinking that the same structure would work on the KB too, as it would be easier to move content to the right place.

However, what do you think? Would you do it differently? What are your thoughts on a Knowledge Base in general? Do you have any questions?

I cant wait to hear your thoughts slight_smile

55156080.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great idea,  ensuring in one place.  Who actually decides what goes on there? There are so many things asked repeatedly which aren't based on technical knowledge but on purely knowing how O2 works .

Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool could put all the O2 guides such as tUGo myo2 etc all under one section & the help guides all in one instead of spread out all over the community
Message 3 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Who actually decides what goes on there? 

There are a number of roles that are associated. Anyone can 'nominate' an article and these nominations arrive in one place to be reviewed and then approved to be added to the KB. These roles can be potentially be assigned to members too down the line slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 18

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would always support anything that increases and promotes knowledge...So a section for this sounds a good idea in principle.

A couple of questions though.......

Would we be including the link for Help Guides in this section?

How easy would it be to find and will it be easily accessible to all?

It's such a good idea but pointless if it is lost somewhere within the forum/community structure.

All members including newcomers need to be able to find it with ease....so would it have a stand alone section?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I hate to be the harbinger of doom but giffgaff have a very good kb that no one ever reads, so I am struggling to see how it would work over here?
I'm not knocking the idea, but the promotion of it will be just as important as the content.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I hate to be the harbinger of doom but giffgaff have a very good kb that no one ever reads, so I am struggling to see how it would work over here?
I'm not knocking the idea, but the promotion of it will be just as important as the content.

Exactly. As well as the continued prominence of it as a feature of the Forum. (Otherwise it will just fade into the woodwork as it were)....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was trawling the Search Function this morning and came across this.

Capture.Knowledge base.PNG

So has the 'knowledge base' section always been part of the search function....or has it been added recently to coincide with this thread?...Thoughful

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

That was my first thought. To be fair to giffgaff though, it's often assumed that it's underused because of all the repeated questions that are posted on a daily basis. But then you never know how many members have managed to find their own answers by searching the forums, so it's probably more useful than you might think. I know that some people like to post their own guides (and some are very good), but I think it's better to standardise that advice by using officially recognised articles. 

If as you say it's given the right promotion, it would always be a useful reference, and where appropriate, members could then link relevant KB articles into their responses, which would add credibility to their advice. 

Message 10 of 18