Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 6 Classic LTE esim with O2

Rizmo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After sitting in various O2 shops for hours it looks as though my problem is solved. but there are residual side effects. My Samsung watch is paired wit a Samsung S23 Ultra, both unlocked but I'm using O2 esims. The knowledge base of O2 employees is woeful but you have to stick with it. The O2 help line is even worse. Promises of a call back with a solution within 72 hours proved to be a myth. Eventually I found an O2 outlet with somebody who had the same phone and watch as me and he sorted if in about 30minutes. I'm not sure what he did as his fingers were a blur. After the first few minutes without success he said return the watch to Samsung, it's faulty. Then he replaced the existing non working esim with a new one and it worked. Although you get a new number with this data only esim your existing mobile number is all that other people need. He did say leave the Bluetooth turned off on the watch but then the Samsung Health app on the mobile would not pick up the watch data like steps, heart rate and more. Turns out my watch has  Bluetooth switched on anyway without adverse effect on using the watch to make calls without the phone in my pocket. It's been a right old carry on but worth it. I still haven't a clue how all the settings work. O2 should have a newbie style walkthrough on their website to alleviate all the hours spent in shops and on the phone to the helpline. Anybody else having these problems should stick at it. The frustrations are worth it in the end.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Rizmo 

Good to hear that is sorted for you ! 

Enjoy your watch. 😂

Message 2 of 2