cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud department lock account then Off home?

OTooareterrible
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved my mom onto O2 everything was great for a week then her phone stopped no signal rang O2 who informed us that the fraud dept had locked the account no reason no note on the system and we’re now closed, they said they would call back the next day… they didn’t in the meantime my elderly mom has no phone we got her the phone and Apple Watch for her safety and now she can’t even call O2 should be ashamed of themselves 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @OTooareterrible 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2Emma 

Any chance you could dig into this to see what's going on?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 Yes I will looked into it see what is happening 😀

signature
Message 4 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @OTooareterrible I will need to send you a private message so I can look into this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143412 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

OTooareterrible
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let you know we are still waiting, my mom had to go into a shop and they wouldnt help her she then tried to call and they said they have "emailed" the fraud team, this really isnt good enough surely the "fraud team" or idiots as I refer to them have a phone? or someone can speak to someone to resolve this? this will be going into the third day where she has not had a phone working, we moved her to O2 specifically so we could get her an apple watch so if she falls or something goes wrong she can call us or the emergency service and now she has no phone at all

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The Fraud team are not allowed to share any information regards to this ,as this would be classified as Tipping off and this could be a AML case, and carries a maximum of 14 years jail time for anyone who tells you, and an unlimited fine for o2. 

The Fraud team, are doing their job, of protecting o2 from Fraud and risk, and you need to wait for their investigations to conclude, and this is is dependent on whether the police or NCA need to be involved. 

They aren't idiots....  and they are not customer facing like most Risk teams..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8