Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud case - nearly 3 months in!

Nicofsticks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone ordered a phone on my O2 account in early January and I reported it straight away. They ordered a top of the range phone to go to their home (I assume) 100 miles from my address with a very high monthly payment (very different to my current monthly amount) and O2 did not flag this as suspicious. Fast forward nearly 3 months and I've had by O2 online account frozen while it is investigated so my only way to check on progress is to call them.  Every time I speak I get told it is being "prioritized" but I'm still waiting. Any advice how to get to a resolution?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37497 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1706 Solutions
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Nicofsticks 

Whilst I have huge sympathy for your predicament, it is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you an update whilst their investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

If you search this forum, you will find numerous posts from last Autumn that elaborate on this. Fraud against O2 was featured on a TV programme and in several national newspaper articles at that time.  

I would keep pushing O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Please keep us informed of developments.

Message 3 of 3