Did you mean: 

Forum development & bugs updates

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

In this topic, we'll post any progress on the known plaform issues that you have brought to our attention so far and that we are looking into, along with any future updates we get on them. We thought it would be good to recap what is currently being worked on, and have it all in one place so we can keep you in the loop going forward slight_smile

If you spot any further issue too, please let us know in the comments!

Current issues being looked into

-These have been reported to the platform provider and are being investigated-

• Kudos and posting box window not working correctly in the blog section
  • New comments on Blog articles (Reviews or Guides) in Unread posts link to the initial post and not the latest comments
  • Read comments stuck in Unread Posts even after being read

Current feedback being looked into

-These are being discussed with the different teams involved in the project-

• Various differences between Mobile view and Full view (list here)
  • Size of the homepage header
  • Image in the hompage header
  • Lack of board structure on the homepage

Thanks for your patience while we work our way through all the above, and for your help spotting identifying and gathering feedback nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 1,108
1,107 REPLIES 1,107

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @EmilieT for this new thread and listing the issues which are being worked on.

I look forward to hearing how things are progressing - particularly with regards to the banner and format of the home page.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 1,108

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good idea to have a separate thread @EmilieT .

I do realise I may be the only one having issues with reviews and blogs, in terms of Kudo's, Mentions and a reply box with NO icons on

(By that, I mean I dont have this (when I reply on a review/blog post)

blog header.PNG

My top header is blank.

So I can't use emoticons, spell check or any other thing which the correct header allows.

I can kudo the original review, I cant kudo any post thereafter.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 1,108

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

Related to the issue with intermittent slowness across the forum, the platform provider has now done something in the backend that they believe should resolve the issue immediately as of now.

Can you keep an eye out for any further slowness or that progress bar you guys saw, in the next few days? If it happens again, please do let us know and we'll update the case to let them know.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 1,108

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @Marjo 

I expect we will all watch this one carefully innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 1,108

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Good to hear @Marjo 

I expect we will all watch this one carefully innocent

Cheers! slight_smile If you do happen to spot it again, take note of the exact time when you're seeing it happening. That will help the tech guys to search for a specific timeframe in their logs.

Message 6 of 1,108

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
What about the unread posts problem that comes and goes - topics seem to "stick" with an unread tag that only clears if you use the "mark all forum posts as read"?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 1,108

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
What about the unread posts problem that comes and goes - topics seem to "stick" with an unread tag that only clears if you use the "mark all forum posts as read"?

Yes that still happens intermittently though not as bad as it used to be. Just to be clear, this isn't just when a thread is moved.

The pages do seem to be loading quicker this morning but the jury is still out until we see how that develops over the course of a couple of days.

Message 8 of 1,108

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@gmarkj @jonsie This is still part of the issues the platform provider is still investigating! I'll add it to the list right now, apologies for forgetting to include it this morning but I can confirm it is being looked into slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 1,108

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Doesn't matter were I sign innit asks for a mobile number to be added I hit cancel on it then I'm through to forum
Message 10 of 1,108