cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally free from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my last O2 product has finally disconnected today so I'm of.

That's home broadband & phone that I got rid of when O2 sold out to Sky & now my pay monthly sim has finally gone to.

I'm still sticking with Telefonica as I've seen the Giff Gaff light & the O2 network is about the best for reception round my way ( unless the O2 3G network is down yet again like last weekend! )

If only O2 where a lot more competitive I would have happily stayed BUT they just cant compete with Giff Gaff even though there both owned by Telefonica.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi Forkingabout.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with O2 and you are leaving.

Good look with your new network slight_smile

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only been with O2 since 2008 / 2009 Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Well I hope the Giff Gaff light shines bright for you and is what you need slight_smile

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sad to hear but I wonder after the event debacle how many others have left altogether or have reduced cost by going to an MVNO. Poor decisions by o2 as ultimately less money going in.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope to still hear from you on here.

No sloping off to the GiffGaff Forum !

wink
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im very happy with Giff Gaff, its worked out that there paying ME to be a customer Smiley LOL

£36 paid in by me so far for 3 x £12 Goodybags ( my 3rd month starts today )

Payback earned by me so far in 2 months usage just by answering the odd question on the Giff Gaff forum = £42 so im a whole £6 up in profit after just 2 months usage & I have unlimited data & texts, whats not to like about Giff Gaff? heart

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad for you it's working out for you.

I've discussed in previous threads that my daughter and friends are in giffgaff and find that the internet drops out a lot for them.

Each to their own.

To be fair due to the rewards system here I've not paid my tariff costs for months.

Nor will I for over approx 17 months !
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had local 3G outage last week BUT it was actually down to O2's equipment going down ( reported on the O2 service staus as a faulty radio network controller that feeds 128 sites ) & nothing to do with Giff Gaff.

I did side by side comparison for over a month between O2 & Giff Gaff, didn't notice any difference in signal quality or Internet drop outs.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's see what happens when they release 4G and if they allow that on an unlimited goody bag ,but I doubt it.

I would personally miss 4G now.

I can see a few people sitting up and taking note if they roll this out well.
Message 10 of 13