cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback - Kings Road, Chelsea/Westfield Stratford, Trowbridge Store and 3 x online Gurus later...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my new Xperia X Compact for under three weeks and in that time had been unable to connect to the Wifi. The status under my settings said 'Connected, no internet' and wouldn't load the log-in page for me to enter my phone number to get a code for my new mobile

I tried phoning for support but the Guru on the phone was unable to help.  I went into two shops whilst visiting London - the first in Chelsea had no Wifi in store and were waiting for an engineer and the second, Westfield in Stratford, East London were unable to help but made me an appointment for Trowbridge today.

I arrived just before my 11am appointment time and was seen by Nigel, as Mike, with whom my appointment had been made, was not in store. As the account is in my husband's name, he came with me to ensure that the store were happy to talk to me, before heading back to work.

Nigel then spent three hours - yes, that's right, three hours, trying to fix the problem.  He then went on to the o2 Website to talk to a guru, but the person there wouldn't help and said that I would have to go home and speak to an online guru myself.

I spoke to the first guru (Manish) at 3.12pm - he didn't know what he was talking about - he kept telling me I needed to delete an app called Tu Go, even though I didn't have it on my mobile. 

At 3.35pm I was transferred to queue "Guru Pay Monthly".  He (Sid), read through the transcript of my conversation with Manish and then proceeded to talk me through the steps of how to connect to a wifi network - even though I spelled out the problem for him and have been sucessfully connecting to wifi without instructions for many years.

At 3.45pm I was transferred to "queue Guru 2nd Line" (Mohammed) and at 4.15pm he told me he had fixed the problem by deleting my wifi account and that next time I go to an o2 wifi hotspot I should forget the network and it would then let me go through the set-up process for my new phone. 

I nipped into town and went to Costa and was finally able to log on to the o2 wifi, so Mohammed's fix worked.

It was a very frustrating process.  From start to finish it has taken me at least 5 hours to get this sorted.

I would, however, like to leave positive thanks for Nigel at your Trowbridge Branch for his attempts to fix my phone and for his patience - he truly is a credit to o2 - and also to Mohammed, your Guru 2nd Line who eventually fixed the problem (and actually, going back to Nigel he did say that o2 may need to delete my wifi account so I could start from scratch, even though he couldn't actually do that himself).

Is there an official feedback page so that I can ensure my thanks get to the correct people? 

Janet

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there an official feedback page so that I can ensure my thanks get to the correct people? 

Janet

Here is fine.

Our admin team will pass on your feedback.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a performance to get your issue sorted @Anonymous Pleased it's eventually fixed though...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bit of a marathon but glad you eventually got it sorted out. 

@Martin-O2 will pass your experience on and with thanks to the two guys who helped you. 

Message 4 of 5

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie wink

@Anonymous Thanks for taking the time to feedback on your experience! I'll make sure that your kind words reach Nigel and Mohammed smiley

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5