Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted with O2 and their awful deals

DavidAllan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I joined O2 and got an iPhone 14 with O2 switch up. In March money was really tight and changed my tariff down to a lower data allowance. The page told me I would lose O2 refresh, but didn’t mention switch up. 

Having been informed that I’ve
switch up by customer services and them telling me there’s nothing they can do to add it back to my account. I asked what other deals they can give me (I’m currently paying Smarty 16 per month for unlimited data, as well as 21 per month to O2 for 2GB. 

Why should pay monthly customers with a device be made to pay extra for taking out a device with O2? Their sim only contracts aren’t this expensive. 

My partners sim has migrated from Virgin Mobile to O2, and he now pays 8.50 per month for unlimited data! 

Customer services send me in circles, so I think I’ll be saving up to pay my device off early. 

Im annoyed that after all the problems I’ve had with O2, I’ve now lost switch up because refresh and switch up are apparently the same thing and im paying extra for the same service. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

DavidAllan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 29 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What O2 offers a new customer:
IMG_4137.png

 O2s “lowest package” for me:

IMG_4138.jpeg

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

To be honest all networks are fairly much the same

MVNO's offer a better option but I would always choose a third part retailer such as USwitch for the very best network offers

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@DavidAllan 

Switch Up if on a Plus plan are dependent on the tariff you are on. and if you move from a Plus Plan then you lose them, it is in the T&C's

You don't lose Refresh, as that is you pay off your device and move on. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

DavidAllan
  • 29 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s my point kinda. When I changed my tariff to lower my data amount, in the list of changes, it only mentioned refresh and not switch up. 

Message 5 of 5