Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eu.

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone know when we go out of the EU will o2 still let us use our free texts and mins and date when we go out of the UK?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nope no one knows...not even Boris. I'm not sure he knows what day it is!

Message 2 of 9

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The news on the radio keeps on saying that it's still going to be on October the 31st.
LGreenwood
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It will but non of the networks know how this will affect charges but expect to pay roaming charges.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

All networks have committed to maintaining the current roaming conditions after Brexit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45064268

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
As per the article you link to; Three are the only network to explicitly state they won't bring back charges. O2, EE and Voda have said they have no plans to, but will wait and see what happens.

Also UK Gov stance is that worst case EU roaming charges will be capped at £45.00 per month if they are re-introduced.

ewan
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Be assured that if Three still offer free roaming, they all will.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

No, I disagree.

Three are a disruptor who are bank-rolled by a Hong Kong/Chinese billionaire that is happy to spend, and their smaller customer base means they may be swallow the charges when other networks can't. Bear in mind they offer free roaming in USA, Austrailia etc to all their customers when no other network does. They also offer unlimited data, which no other network did until Voda introduced their new 5G tariffs, and have also said all their customers will get 5G at no extra cost, which is again different from the other 3 big boys. 

Ultimately, if the EU networks decide to impose roaming charges on UK networks, be assured they will be passed on to us consumers.

And I think a £45.00 cap is reasonable all things considered.

ewan

Message 8 of 9

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Three are less of a disrupter these days in the UK market than they were in earlier days and if the other networks decide to get rid of free EU roaming if we leave the EU then I'd expect 3 would eventually follow suit too.

Three took a stance with mid contract price rises. That didn't last long!

As for whether this will be an issue come November 1st probably best to not get too political here but I fully expect us to still be members of the EU on November 1st just like we were on April 1st

Message 9 of 9