cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message trying to complete an over-the-phone order on the website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a bit of a nightmare trying to complete an order placed over the phone today. It's all sorted now (I hope) but here's the short version:-

Wanted to upgrade handset and also buy a tablet.
Upgrade was processed fine, then passed to new connection to get the tablet. The lady who upgraded said to make sure I asked for a new account on the online or it may go wrong. I did this, but the new connection advisor said it was fine, didn't need to do this.

When using the email links to complete the orders, the handset went through fine, but the tablet errored out at the last step, asking to phone 202 to complete the order.
I did this, and after a lot of to and fro, the new advisor decided to process the new conneciton from fresh. She again advised me to complete it online with the existing account.

Again, this time, it went wrong at the end, same error message.

Third call to 202 , and this time, the advisor (in a different call centre, Glasgow) knew straight away what had happened, why it had happened, and the best way to sort it if I wanted to order the tablet now rather than wait until the upgrdae had finished.

He put through a new connection the third time, but he helped me set up a new separate login to the website, ensuring I logged out first. With this new log in (requiring a different email address (i used googlemail instead of gmail)), the transaction completed correctly.

Basically, you have to ensure you use a seperate log in for each connection if you have more than one transaction at the same time.

I really wish the new connections advisors the first two times (who could see my upgrade in progress) had known this was an issue. Would have saved me from a couple of hours of annoyance. Thankfully James in Glasgow was extremely knowledgeable and helpful to get it sorted.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There always seems to be problems ordering online. A good tip for getting round it but to be honest I would always go instore. Too much stress  ordering online but thankfully you got sorted. If they know the process has problems why can't they sort it? It's been like this at least 12 months!

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well done James slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You couldn't make it up could you? Absolutely stupid system.... failing because a customer wishes to purchase more than one item. Time consuming and stressful for the op. Most people would have given up...bought the tablet from somewhere else...and O2 would have lost the sale....Pathetic....seriously pathetic....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Welcome! Sorry to hear about thus. I will feed it back to the team. If you would like to chat about this or need more help, feel free to send me a PM.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 6