Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear bud code issues

Bruce64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I honestly don't understand why o2 can't make this process much easier.  There are plenty of people having difficulty with this system.  Upgrade or buy a phone and you'll receive a promo code for ear buds . The amount of time I've wasted on trying to obtain them is beyond ridiculous.  Email, text, messenger and still not resolved my issue,  still haven't got a working code . Even the staff in the local o2 shop couldn't work it out. Surely a company this size could organise a system were you just send them out with the phone.  Come on o2 be better,  do better.  I've actually given up now. Very unhappy customer 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

There is some advice in the guide Guide: Gift with Purchase   @Bruce64 .

If that doesn't help then we can also ask @Dave-O2 to step in as he has had some success with codes that don't work.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Bruce64 

Someone posted a few days ago about issues with a code and subsequent success ! 

Their message was to copy and paste the code rather than trying to retype it. The problem was around misconstruing a circle ; was it a numeric zero, a capital "O" or a lower case "o" ?

When they finally realised what the code indicated, it worked without difficulties.  

Message 3 of 5

Bruce64
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the information,  but I always copy and paste for that reason. 

Cheers anyway 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Bruce64 

You are welcome. 

Please keep us updated as to developments. 

Message 5 of 5