Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EE Will Be First To Launch 5G May 30th

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Don't rush out to get it. According to this article,"full next-generation 5G"will not be available until 2022, which is probably the same for all the networks.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-48363462

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Early-adopters, you reckon? ๐Ÿ™„
Message 2 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Early adopter's cashing in on the number of 5G phones that will soon be available.

Personally I'm not rushing to change my phone; I'm happy with it's speeds, love the quality of the picture streaming films and TV and, even if I was so inclined, I can't afford to pay off my phone this early in the conrract.

However, if O2 do what a network operator did in Australia, offering customers who purchasef the 4G Galaxy S10+, a new 5G Galaxy S10+ in exchange, I wouldn't say no. But seriously, can't see O2 doing that. Think of the money they'd lose Horrified

But I can dream joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122805 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Bambino 

I certainly wont be rushing out to change anything soon. What I have now suits me just fine wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to change anything 4G is much better in this area. No need to do anything as good 5G coverage wonโ€™t happen for at least another 5 years I bet
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's a little sad that EE seem to be first in any innovations whereas it used to be something O2 were good at.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's a little sad that EE seem to be first in any innovations whereas it used to be something O2 were good at.

Well theyโ€™ve got deep pockets  Smiley Indifferent

I donโ€™t think any network can hope to compete with them, never mind O2. It wasnโ€™t always the case, but EE are very good nowadays.

They might be expensive for some people, but sometimes you get what you pay for. 

Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Well theyโ€™ve got deep pockets  Smiley Indifferent

I donโ€™t think any network can hope to compete with them, never mind O2. It wasnโ€™t always the case, but EE are very good nowadays.

They might be expensive for some people, but sometimes you get what you pay for. 

That's ery true. I have an EE sim and their 4G speeds are much faster than O2 in my areas of travel.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the right conditions it will generally outperform my fibre broadband, which is mad really. But saying that, 4G doesn't always give you a reliable connection, and it will struggle in situations where too many people are trying to connect at the same time. I was at the Principality Stadium recently, and it would take ages to load a web page. Apparently, 5G has greater bandwidth and is more capable in those situations.

Mind you, they've only got four 5G devices that are available for pre-order:

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/best-5g-phones

Maybe next year  wink

Message 9 of 16

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
@Glory1 if you did that and got s10 5g you'd lose the ability to have your s10 to have a micro SD card
Message 10 of 16