Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful signal in M21 and repeated lies about mast repairs

JCJCJC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We're still experiencing almost zero signal within our house and constant dropping of calls.

O2 customer service is absolutely useless in every sense. They lie about repair times and have no solution to anything. This has been ongoing for nearly two months and they refuse to allow us to break contract so that we can source a different provider. You can't even speak to a 'manager'.

They do however call me frequently enquiring as to whether I wish to upgrade. Upgrade to a [Removed] phone signal? Yes I would.

As soon as I can I will leave O2 and I have been warning anyone I come across to avoid them

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If on refresh, you just need to pay for your device and you can then leave without any further charges.
If not on refresh, follow the complaints process here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JCJCJC It's unusual for O2 to ever give a customer a timetable for mast repairs. There are any number of reasons as to why it's taking so long. The mast could perhaps be on private land, and gaining access might be difficult. I'm not making excuses for them, but it's not in O2's interest to have a mast down. I'm sure it isn't just you that this is affecting.

If you call customer service and get someone sympathetic on the other end, you may get some compensation as a goodwill gesture. It can't hurt to ask.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @JCJCJC, how are you doing with this since you last posted, made any progress? Mast issues can definitely be frustrating, sorry to hear about this. Further to the above comments from our members, I'd be happy to forward your customer service feedback over so it can be looked into as it sounds like you didn't have a very good experience there on top of the signal issues. 😞 I'm going to drop you a PM here on the forum to get a few details!

Message 4 of 4