Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't use Hermes please!!!

tffcrx82aizsks0
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hermes is a giant meme online for a good reason.

I appreciate o2 offers and had guinness "delivered" over a 7ft wall onto concrete, luckily avoiding some plants.

They also claim damaged goods are the sender's responsibility. This is common sense, any small parcel weighing 2KG is going to damage something from that height!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

That's not great @tffcrx82aizsks0.

I'll mention the community managers so they can get in touch and pass on the poor review...

Can you contact the OP to get some more details and pass on the feedback @Martin-O2 @lewys-gp @RafaC ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @tffcrx82aizsks0. That is terrible to see (not just because it's spilt Guinness!). I am glad no one was hurt and nothing else in the garden was damaged.

I'm really sorry this happened and if it's okay with you, I will private message you for more information. Hopefully, I can then escalate this for you and find a resolution. Thanks for sharing this with us. 

And also thanks, @gmarkj, for the tag. 

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 7

BTN_EPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As you say - they're a giant online meme for a reason! Have never had good delivery from either Hermes or Yodel, and personally won't (knowingly) order something from a company that does. 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Whilst I can't deny that's damn awful from @tffcrx82aizsks0, my experience from Hermes is completely different. A female courier who has been doing the job for years. If I'm not in, I have a safe place for goods to be stored and a note through letterbox.

So it is obviously postcode specific and fortunately I can't complain about my courier.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Same here @Cleoriff - the chap who delivers Hermes is lovely and has been doing it for a while so no problems.

The worst one here is Parcelforce. The driver recently changed, and the new person is reporting parcels are left in a safe place - which is outside our front door! You can see the box from the street, so hardly safe even if we live in a cul de sac...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Our 'safe place' is in the meter cupboard which remains unlocked when we are expecting parcels. Of course, we also live in a cul de sac which helps. The only people who could see a parcel left outside our house are 2 neighbours. They would never see anything from the main road.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7