cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do O2 have UK only call centres?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had my fill with Orange. I renewed my contract after they announced the relocation of call centres from India to the UK
Now they have reversed the decision and are sacking the UK operatives.
Do O2 have any call centres outside of the UK?
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
No, only email support appears to be abroad, and all the call centres are in the UK.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have now been released from my contracts with Orange
I had a call from retentions yesterday and when the asked if there was "anything they could do to keep my custom with Orange" I said yes- transfer the call centres back to the UK
I told them I intended to go to O2 and she told me they definately had overseas call centres.
I said I was sure they didn't and she said they definately did - she also stated she worked for O2 for several years and I was mistaken- O2 definately have overeas call centres
So?
What are the facts?
Message 3 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Facts are that O2 opened a call centre in Pune, customers hated it and so they were instead given all the back office/ non customer facing roles to do. All call centres are in uk.
Message 4 of 36

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
All the O2 call centres are definitely in the UK only, we've had this confirmed by O2 staff.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went off on a (polite) rant about how poor I thought Orange were (been with them off and on for 14 years now)
I told her I emailed call recordings to their executive office and they apologised at the shocking service. I mentioned my mobile records calls at least 2 times in the call
She took umbridge when she actually heard the beep (I had pulled over, but then turned the engine off when she eventually heard it)
More poor Orange CS- I pointed out that I had informed them previously that ALL calls on my mobile are recorded (business reasons), they called me and they knew the calls were recorded at their end (and have consented to call recording by default)
Apparently they like to record the call (and charge you £10 for a copy under DPA, but don't seem to find recordings if they will back up what you say)
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have been told by a O2 UK customer services person that they do not have any O2 call centres overseas. In that case who are Pooja, Gauri, Shikha, Arbinder, Radhika, Dinesh and Rajesh? They certainly sound Indian when they have called me and have had great difficulty in nderstanding me, and visa versa.
OK, technically they may not be called Call Centres but they do sign themselves as being from O2 Cutomer Service so I think that is splitting hairs. The truth is when you contact O2 by email you get someone from India in the first instance and you only get to speak to somone from the UK after much persistance.
Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Email support is not based in the UK however if you call on any of the customer service numbers then you will be put through to a UK call centre.
You say people have phoned you from O2, what were they calling about?
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ninzah. They called about a recent problem )O2 marketing calls still being received after I had repeatedly text STOP to 81145 and been told that this had been actioned. A recent email from o2 then suggested I change my number to stop these calls. I was not happy (to say the least) and they rang about this.
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah right. Sounds very irritating. Yeah, email support is outsourced and perhaps certain marketing related departments are too. Certainly if you call them then you will get someone in he UK, I guess thats how they are allowed to say their call centres are all UK based.
I tend to hang up on marketing calls (both mobile and home phone) while they are mid-spiel. It usually results in them not bothering to call again! grin
Message 10 of 36