Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to activate a Bolt on?

JonCheshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, could I please ask a question?

Just posting a question about a Bolt on. I am on pay as you go and I just top up now and again with £10, and this gives me 3000 02 texts and 0 minutes and 50MB of data. I put a £5 data bolt on, the day before the £10  worth of data and texts ran out. But when I log into my02 it just says you have no tariff allowances, it does not show the bolt allowance. But when I scroll down, I can see the bolt on. Just wondering, do I have to activate it?

I would be very grateful, for any thought or ideas.

Cheers. J

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

JonCheshire
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not turned on mobile data yet, as I want to make sure the bolt on is ready to use!

Message 2 of 11

JonCheshire
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I might just turn on the mobile data, and see what happens. Either it will just take from the data allowance, or charge me for going on the Internet. 😢

Message 3 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@JonCheshire 

The bolt on will start after you have used your standard data allowance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

JonCheshire
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, 

when I log into my02 on my phone, it says "you don't have any tariff allowances". But when I scroll down, I can see the bolt on. Is this how it usually is?

Sorry for simple silly question, but I can't recall how bolt ons work. 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Did you top up again on your anniversary date @JonCheshire 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

JonCheshire
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No I did not because I had over £30 left on the phone, I just added a £5 bolt on and it was deducted from my phone balance. So not sure how things work now. 

Message 7 of 11

JonCheshire
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also, I added the bolt on the day before my last £10 worth of data and 02 texts ended. I thought I might see the last bit of data that was about 30mb added to the 500MB of bolt on data, but it did not. The next day when the monthly tariff ran out, just says "you don't have any tariff allowances".  But I can see the £5 bolt on further down the page. Also when I dial 4444 it says no tariff balance left, but it says I do have 500MB of data to use before the 13 August. It's just that it does not show the 500MB on my phone. 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@JonCheshire 

Sounds like your tariff renew failed for some reason so you'll need to speak to O2 on 4445 to find out why.

I suspect adding the bolt on so close to your anniversary date confused the system for some reason.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

JonCheshire
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok will do, thanks very much for your help.

Message 10 of 11