Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismal Service as Usual

almayo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to work at Virgin Media Mobile in Stratford and to be honest, it's no surprise to see that nothing has improved operations-wise.

I was automatically switched to O2 two days ago, and to my surprise, I hadn't recieved any new sim card in the post.

A call to O2 confirmed that they hadn't even sent a new one out. The operator said 'don't worry though, you will still be able to use your virgin sim for the time being'. Well, that was wrong wasn't it. I'm now left with zero phone reception, no incoming texts or calls. Apparently virgin has cut off my service now, meaning that I am left stranded with no way to get in touch with anyone until my new O2 sim arrives.

The overcrowded Virgin Media call centres at Sitel are still full of people who barely understand English (it took me 4 calls to get through to someone who understood they couldnt send me a OTP because my sim no longer works).

Poor service on O2 and Virgin's behalf. I only received one email saying that I would be switched at some point - no dates. And then the other day I received a text to say that the switch was happening tomorrow. Giving me no time to inform O2 that I had no sim, and that the switch was going to leave me stranded. Really, Virgin and O2 should have sent the sim out long in advance (a week or so in my opinion), giving people the time to let them know that they hadn't received theirs.

On the bright side, due to O2 being overall dreadful to me in the past, I'll be cancelling pretty much straight away and moving to a more widespread and faster network (EE) with better customer service.

Rant over,
Disgruntled ex-virgin employee and soon to be ex-customer of O2 👎

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

In 9 cases out of 10 you don't need a new SIM. In those cases that do VM send out the SIM and not O2.

Still VM/O2 have just announced big job losses.

All to prime the combined company and place ot in a position to be sold to investors (Well that's my interpretation seen both Telefónica and Liberty Global have been trying to dump their respective services)

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

almayo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers for the reply.

That does not surprise me..

When I called VM they advised that O2 were the ones to send out the new sim and I now have a physical sim and e-sim on order, so I can activate whichever arrives first.

Message 3 of 4

almayo
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anyone who is unhappy with the switch, EE have some fantastic deals on at the moment. I've already taken mine up and am switching in a couple days when my sim arrives.

https://ee.co.uk/mobile/sim-only-deals

Message 4 of 4