Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Criminals

Patmac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am with virgin and they decided to partner with O2 my virgin bill is paid in full just like before no discount or split bill and now O2 cut my service saying I owe them money... Last year I went to the O2 shop and I wanted a unlimited chip for a month no problem they said you can cancel anytime... tried to cancel the contract to no avail went to the shop they said we can't do it in the shop then after 2 hours on the phone to them I finally managed to cancel the account only to find out later that this whole deal affected my credit score... coming back to the Virgin disaster they cut my service because of late payment threatening it could effect my credit score (Again) and insist I owe them money after 1 hour on the phone to some guy in a big call centre in god known where and they managed to put the bank account details from my previous O2 contract onto my virgin contract which goes to a different account and always has... I will be ditching O2 as soon as I can and downgrade from this Volt crap with virgin... Out of principle alone I don't want these digital criminals to get any more of my money...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Patmac 

How to cancel with o2 Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does Virgin give you a Virgin email address when you join them?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Chrissiealone 

Not anymore.. and there email platform is constantly on its knees, best thing to do is get a gmail / gmx or outlook account.

Best place to ask though is the VM community https://community.virginmedia.com 

Message 4 of 8

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks madasaf1sh,

I would like a real email address so that I can set up my Outlook again. Mine went out of date, and then I lost it trying to add a new account to it.

It's easier to set up my Outlook with a real email address. Once it's set up I can add gmail accounts etc.

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

Have a look at LCN.com you can get a .uk free for a year... that will give you an email on your own domain...  you will need to pay for hosting and email though

Outlook sets up really easy with gmail nowadays, and gmail is a lot more secure than an ISP Based email address.

Message 6 of 8

Chrissiealone
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's the nowadays part that doesn't work with me. Seems if I try to do most things I now get a message stating that Windows 7 is no longer supported and it seems that Office 2007 has also been abandoned.

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
  • 10290 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Chrissiealone 

They are dead, Windows 7 is way beyond End of Life, and is no longer supported by MS or many vendors, and Office 2007 is the same and has definitely been abandoned. as it is now 16 years old. and EOL

Message 8 of 8