cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different text messages received than those that were sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

My boyfriend and I were texting and I receieved a text from him during the conversation saying "I did wink Yeah, that is true but it does feel like the shifts are gobe slight_smile Did you sleep well by the way? heart", which seemed like something he would say so I replied accordingly saying that I did sleep well etc. He then texted back asking why I was telling him how I slept and I said because that it what you just asked me. Then he sent me a screenshot of our text messages where it showed that he had in fact sent "I did wink Yeah, that is true but it does feel like the shifts are going fasterThoughful". I sent him a screenshot of what I received and everything else matched up except for that one message, where some of the text was the same but with just an extra bit added on my end. Does anyone know how this is possible because we can't figure it out. Thank you.

P.s. we both have iPhones but the messages were sent by text message and not iMessage.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it's possible but a rare event.
What happens is that the new text gets mixed up with one sent previously by the SMS gateway.
This previous text could have even been sent 12 months beforehand.
Like I said, rare, but I've known it happen before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it's possible but a rare event.
What happens is that the new text gets mixed up with one sent previously by the SMS gateway.
This previous text could have even been sent 12 months beforehand.
Like I said, rare, but I've known it happen before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Crikey.....I didn't know that !.......one could get into serious trouble with the new girlfriend Shocked

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I've experienced this too a few times over the years @Anonymous, it can happen.

Oh, and welcome to the community!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is crazy! I have never experienced it before, especially when it is part of the same text message. It's not like I received a whole separate message on top of it. Thanks anyway
Message 5 of 7

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
ive never seen or heard of this before. Jeez... could cause problems if one got mixed up with a nasty one sent a while back grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I sometimes have problems texting when the wife gets anything other than what I meant to write....

Message 7 of 7