cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day one after move from Virgin - o2 system cannot cope!!!

JonathanB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved from Virgin yesterday.

I downloaded the app and tried to check and alter my account settings to suit me.  System cannot cope because I did not receive any verification codes whilst trying to use the app.  Some hours later, they all appeared in one go. Unusable by then.

I have also logged in to my account several times online to be told I would be sent a link to verify my email address (every time I log on) and there has been no email so far (none in spam mail either).

Now, I am locked out of doing anything to my account for 24 hours because the system won't allow me to generate another verificaiton code.

EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE ON DAY ONE OF MOVE TO O2.

NO WAY OF SPEAKING TO A HUMAN BEING - GENERIC "ASSISTANT".

NOT RECOMMENDED AS A NETWORK PROVIDER!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6795 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. No one from O2 will read your post.

Whatever Virgin's promise of the transition going to be "smooth and seamless" that was never going to happen when you are transferring 3.5 million accounts.

It seems O2 Systems take time to catch up on everything before settling down.

Still, if you are not happy you do have the right to leave penalty free.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@JonathanB1 

The system can cope, and you have been on o2 for a while with Virgin Mobile so it isnt to do with that, it is more likely to be the way that the Virgin Mobile MVNO was setup originally and until recently, using a very convoluted and technically stupid way of doing things..   Belgian Sim Cards, with a UK Phone number is just a start of it. 

Things are going to be a bit bumpy whilst OTP providers and other networks change and learn the new routing of calls, texts and data.. 

You do realise that most chats are now bots and not real humans , and it is not live chat it is a demand responsive chat. 

Also plenty of ways to speak to o2 on the phone via 202 from your phone or 0344 809 0202... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

DALE1612
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Jonathon I am having the exact same problems, want to change password etc but no codes coming through

Message 4 of 5

LondonLite
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you receive the emails etc telling you exactly what to do on the day of the migration?   I kept my phone on overnight, with the charger on which led to the SIM fully ported over by mid-morning.

On the same day I was able to receive verification codes from O2 which allowed me to access O2 Priority and MyO2 features after the initial MyO2 password was sent in the morning.

Message 5 of 5