cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Increase

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone get their data increase to either 5GB or 8GB?  I phoned customer service on 12-Jan and was told I would get it by the beginning of February but so far nothing. 

I contacted Live Chat yesterday (I know, I know but I didn't have the chance to make a call!) and was told that they could see I was eligible and it had now been added and would be active today.  I rebooted my phone as instructed this morning and, you've guessed it, no increase!

I'm still unsure whether to leave O2 or not due to reception problems in certain areas.  I seem to have good coverage with 3 and I like the idea of unlimited data so getting 5GB from O2 might be able to convince me to stay and use call divert!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Better ring customer service up about that i not getting a text about that so i dont know about that, the live chat not always help 

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Better ring customer service up about that i not getting a text about that so i dont know about that, the live chat not always help 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the £5 a month off as I was on the 8gb already
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try having a look in my O2 Tracy my suspicion is that they have set it to start from your next billing date in which case ring up and say you want it from midnight tonight
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all. I'll take a look and give customer services a call later if necessary
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know Tracy but I think that's what they have done and as it's free you can ask for it from midnight and there will be no charge wink
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorted - I think! I spoke to customer services and it hadn't been applied and the system wouldn't let him do it free of charge so he added the 5GB bolt on with a £5 discount. It should be applied at midnight tonight.

Thanks for your help
Message 7 of 7