Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Draining Faster

MilanVyas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have 12GB plan. My billing cycle is restarted on every 1st of the month. I started using data from 2nd September. (I’m not using heavy dat this time. Since even it showed i have finished my data only in 15days in last billing cycle!) this time o2 warned me that i have finished 80% of my data only in 4 days!!!(text come on 6/09/18) Now I’m surprised since I haven’t used it for any sort of strening!! How come it drains so faster???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MilanVyas

We have had quite a few reports of high data usage on Iphones recently.

Have you checked your phone to see what's using most of it?

You can also compare what your phone says against what it's saying in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

You could have a load of apps running in the background...

If you have WiFi assist on, you need to turn it off.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check auto play of video settings in apps such as Facebook and Twitter etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Also check for WiFi assist or something similar (switches to mobile data if WiFi has a blip).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MilanVyas
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done everything. Nothing is on for Mobile Data. Today i have finished all of my inclusive data! I am not using data too mich! All the time phone is connected with Wifi. However, there must be something wrong with O2.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We all know there is something badly wrong with the way O2 register data usage but they will never admit to it. Speak to customer service and a sympathetic adviser will probably reset your data or add a bolt on. Sadly that is all you can do other than making a complaint via email. You need to reset your own data use settings at the beginning of each cycle. It's easy to do in the phone settings and you can then have something to compare with the usage shown in My O2. If you have problems setting it then let us know and we can help you.

Message 6 of 6