cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged sim card HELP PLEASE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

This question might have been asked already but I haven't been able to find it so far, so I am sorry if it sounds familiar.

I have damaged my sim card from switching sim cards in my phone too many times. My phone does not read my sim card anymore ("defective sim card, contact provider" message). I really need to get it changed ASAP, but I would also need to keep my phone number.

Unfortunately, I am abroad and can't simply go in an O2 shop to get help. I have seen online you can request a replacement sim card if you switch phone and need a smaller card. I cannot follow this procedure as I am asked to send a code 02 would text me.

Does anyone know what to do? Has anyone been in my situation?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated...

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If live chat is not working for you then you need to send an email to o2 go to this post by jonsie and use the amail link in his signature but it will take 24 hours to get a reply but be very clear what you want.

I.e. a replacement payg international sim to have your old number and credit on etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

You need to get a sim sent to you, do you have an address still in the uk, or a friend that can pop into an o2 shop and get one and then send it to you once you get it you can use live chat to get the old sims details transfered.

You could use live chat and see if o2 can send the sim overseas.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I am guessing that there isn't any service for replacing damaged sim cards that I might access online?

Wouldn't I lose my number by getting a new sim card though?

I might just have to wait until I get back to get this sorted in an O2 shop then...

Message 3 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As I said try the live chat option they maybe able to help.

What sim do you need a pay monthly or payg sim.

O2 will always swap your number tariff/credit to a replacement sim but it usually needs a call to customer services to order the sim.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to get help from the live chat but it's not going anywhere.

So far, I have been using an international sim, topping it up on the go.

Calling customer service is not really an option for me as I can't even use my mobile phone...It's a bit of a sticky situation.

Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If live chat is not working for you then you need to send an email to o2 go to this post by jonsie and use the amail link in his signature but it will take 24 hours to get a reply but be very clear what you want.

I.e. a replacement payg international sim to have your old number and credit on etc

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your help, it has made me so frantic to see my sim card not working anymore.

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23283 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3701 Solutions

As you are posting on the forum, you obviously have access to a computer. If you have Skype, or another VOIP service you can call Customer Services for free on +448000288151. It's always easier if you can actually speak to someone, rather than have to do it all using chat. If you don't have a VOIP service you can download Skype for free. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I have managed to get in touch with O2 to get a new sim card sent over.

Message 9 of 9