Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT SWITCH UP

ErmintrudeRawli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am posting on here because I feel I need to reach out to others.

I am shocked at the level of poor systems that O2 have facilitated for customers who need to complain and your policy surrounding Switch Up. I decided to Switch Up my account because this service is advertised as a benefit for O2 customers. In reality, it is appalling and it is a costly alternative for your customers.
 I had to reduce my available data to 30gig to keep the contract near what I was paying previously. 

I then received an email stating that you will only provide me with £332.33 for the Pixel Fold I returned. I have emailed Ingram Micro Commerce (the email address 
O2Recycle@ingrammicro.com) refusing the offer and it includes my current concerns. I feel that the third party company you are employing to recycle devices is undervaluing the phones that they receive. My Switch Up contract was agreed and the condition of the phone was authorised in your Keighley store by the manager. The store did not have the stock for my Switch Up contract and this is why the phones were sent/received via the post. The Pixel Fold was only 3 months old with a slight scratch on the camera housing. This would not reduce the value by £1100. Your Switch Up terms and conditions state: 

Section 8 
  1. You may bring the device into one of our stores, where one of our agents will check that your device complies with our criteria and give you advice on the next steps involved;
Section 10: In respect of the condition of your device, reasonable fair wear and tear is acceptable; however, the following scenarios will be excluded and you will not be permitted to swap your device if any of the following apply:

I followed your terms and conditions,  the Manager agreed my phone met the criteria. The phone only had a slight scratch on the camera housing. I have called Customer Services today but I feel I will not receive a response until next week because it is Easter weekend. I will be retuning the iPhone Pro Max Tuesday to your Keighley store if the Switch Up is not agreed and signed off by then. I appreciate that I am currently within my contract and you will have to return the Pixel Fold. I will be closing the account as soon as my contract has ended. I also intend to raise public awareness of the inefficiency of your complaints procedures, the misleading Switch Up service and the fact you use a third party company who seem to be ‘ripping off’ your customers. 

I have noticed others have posted about being charged for two devices when Switching Up via the post. This maybe due to missing their email stating to respond with 48 hours or their accounts will be charged. APPALLING! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Sadly, nothing we can do here. There are no O2 staff and nobody from O2 will read your post.

We can only refer you back to O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@ErmintrudeRawli 

Something doesnt sound right here.. 

How did you do the Switch Up?? 

Did you already have a plan with Switch Up?, as when I have done mine, I get an email within minutes saying that the outstanding balance has been paid off. and on the receipt from the store it shows as Switch Up, does your receipt or emails show anything similar to the below: 

As I have a feeling you weren't on Switch Up to start with and you have done a trade in.. as you also state you had to change to a 30GB Plan, and the only Plus Plans are either 30GB / 150GB or Unlimited Plus...

madasaf1sh_2-1711993939478.png

And to be honest I have done 6 or 7 switch ups and only had one problem, and this community is not really indicative to the wider o2 customer base, and many people do switch ups with no issues...

Also has been pointed out, this is not o2 customer services, and no one on here will do anything about your issues.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

ErmintrudeRawli
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I have a contract with Switch up and it was sold to me as Switch Up in the store. I had an email saying phone received for the Switch Up and then another one saying it did not meet the criteria. 

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@ErmintrudeRawli 

So this was all done online then and not in store, that is where your problem is, as the store could and should have ordered you the phone in as at that point there is no issue. 

The store manager can only appraise what he saw in store, and not on the condition it was received in, and we only have your word, so unless you have it in writing of what the store told you, then you are in a you said they said situation, and as per the the terms of Switch Up, the phone now belongs to o2 and not you.... So you can return the iPhone under the 14day change of mind policy.

Also as it was all done online the store in Keighley can do nothing about you returning the phone, it will all need to be done via customer services, and you better have proof.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5