Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHL/CItysprint/UKMail - terrible service STILL

sibod
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I ordered my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb Space Grey, with a tech21 case yesterday monring.  HEadline was next day delivery availalble, or collect in store. 
I got through to selecting delivery, and found Same Day availalble  - chose that, and was given time between 6pm and 10pm. 

At 9:15, got a text from DHL stating their partner, Citysprint, would deliver between 6pm and 10pm, and got a notification email from o2 with a tracking number.

So at 8:30pm,  checked to see where my package was - had to go via UK mail to DHL to check, and tracking simply showed it was picked up at 9:15 am.

Customer services on live chat couldnt tell me where it was, only to contact UKmail the next day. 

Next day rolled in (today) and at 6am an update saying "There has been a delay" and to contact the sender.

SO I did - they couldnt tell me anything more except to wait a couple of hours to see if it updates on the system.

At 9:30 I get another notification text from DHL, again stating my delivery was due for between 18:00 and 22:00. Checked the website, and I now have 2 consignment numbers, and different collection dates.

I checked both on the website - the first was showing the delivery as still at the sortation depot, and "Next business day" delivery. 
The second parcel tracking number said it had only just been picked up at the o2 end.

SO I spoke to a variety of people - all of whome were very helpful and courteous - but none could get me any more infromation. 

Two of them confirmed with the courir that, yes, the parcel collected the day before would defenitely be delivered tonight between 18:00 and 22:00.

I was not convinced. 

Then at around 4pm, the parcel status shows it as being with the Delivery Depot - but no further.

I once again attempt to get information out of Customer Serivces, but again nothing concrete.

Now at 8:30 pm I ring again, and have been told the courier is shut, that I should wait until monday now.

I have seen no updates on the tracking status of the parcel since 16:03, it still shows as "At sortation facility", and there have been no further updates.

Nobody can tell me which item is which in the parcels themselves, or when they will actually be delivered.

Tonight I rang again, but the couriers are both closed for phonecalls.

For the record, the o2 staff were exeplary - but why, oh why, do they continue to use this awful delivery service? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@sibod 

Keep onto to O2 customer service as they are responsible for getting your phone to you so they must chase the couriers on your behalf.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Sadly this can happen with any item anywhere anytime with any courier service 😎

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I ordered my phone at around 11pm this morning, as I went to checkout o2 offered a same day delivery service it cost me an extra £9.99 and it said it would be with me between 6pm - 10pm. I tried to track my parcel but on DHL website it stated it would be with me by Monday 2nd December but then I received a message saying my shipment will be with me via citylink between 6pm - 10pm. It is now 1021pm and I still haven’t received my new phone! I am highly disappointed and pretty angry that I have paid for a service that did not meet their standards. I will be contacting o2 tomorrow as it is too late now!! Really really not happy!
Message 5 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I would feel exactly like you, there's totally nothing worse. @Anonymous5
Get you next day fee back too.
Hope it gets sorted soon. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous5 

Give customer services a call Guide: How to find help & contact O2 It's their responsibility to find out exactly where your phone is and when it will be delivered. You need to call them anyway in order to be refunded your next day delivery cost. Do NOT use live chat.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7