Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut off because o2 would not claim my payments

Bethp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recently I have changed banks and cancelled my direct debit with o2 from that account. I paid my last phone bill from my new account at least two weeks before the bill dhe date. For some reason the payment reappeared in my account and after speaking to o2 the visa payment was not claimed by them after 8 working days and automatically returned to my account. I then tried to make the payment a second time and again this was returned to my bank account yesterday and I have now been cut off by o2 and am completely unable to pay my bill. Has anyone experienced these problems with o2?

Furthermore I checked my old bank account today and noticed o2 had tried to take this months payments on the bill due date but got rejected as that bank account is now empty even though i cancelled the dd with them over a month ago. I am disgusted as now I also am being charged by my old bank for rejected payments that were not even my fault! Any advice on how to deal with this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All you can do is raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
There have been quite a few issues with the payment system for some people.
Also send a pm to @Toby who mag be able to help you a bit more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly there are lots of posts on here regarding O2's payment system not functioning correctly, and as MI5 has mentioned would be best to raise a complaint.

Ideally you should have contacted O2 to change the bank account used to pay your bills rather than just cancel and try and pay via the online system.

Usually when you change bank accounts (assuming you used to account switching service) they contact all your current open Direct Debit providers to move your payments over to them.

Just a word of warning, i'd check your credit scores to ensure O2 haven't placed an unpaid marker onto your account which will effect any future credit applications.
Message 3 of 3