cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought my phone from O2 in April 2015 and than my loud speaker failed on me I phoned O2 customer service I advised me at first to take my phone to O2 and they will replaced it at the store once I got to the O2 store in Brixton they told me they can't replaced it but send it for repair I called O2 customer service again than they start telling me that they can only repair it which the day before they will replaced it than I said what am I suppose to do without a phone they start saying buy other phone and use your sim on that which was not acceptable they kept on saying over and over I will help as mush as I can which they never did I have been with O2 for about over 8 years now and I never had to go they this with this company now I'm without phone and there's no point buying a new phone due to this O2 was unhelpful and lied to me thanks a lot
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well, its not O2s fault you phone speaker failed. They are your service provider, so unless the sim is out of action, theoretically your able to use the service. The O2 store can sometime arrange for a loan phone, nit they don't have to and aren't going to go out their way to help someone say if they were irate and causing a scene
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

HI @Anonymous

When exactly did the speaker fail? You bought it in April so unless it failed in May it was out of the 28 day replacement for faulty goods. They were correct in offering to send it for repair. Its unfortunate that you would have been without a phone but sadly these things happen.

Not sure what phone you have but Samsung do give a 2 year warranty and Apple 12months. You may have been better off ringing the manufacturer. If you wish to complain follow the instructions in this link...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I would send the phone direct to the manufacturer to be hones if you haven't already left it with O2.

O2 do normally have the option of borrowing a phone for the refundable deposit of £25.00

Another option would be to see if any friend has a spare unlocked phone to lend you so you can put your sim in. Adapters are freely available at stores for different size sim cards.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Back in April or would have only been 14 days to replace a faulty phone, but recently the law changed to 28 days.
Outside of this time period it has to be sent for repair, but o2 may, at their discretion choose to repair or replace depending on the fault.
A broken speaker would be an easy repair and only a 1 day turnaround for you to be without.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect they said repair not replacement, send it to the manufacturer for repair & it will be fine

Message 6 of 6