cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service not calling me back

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a pre-paid Ipad sim as a Christmas present but unfortunately the Ipad it had been purchased for wasn't cellular so I contacted O2 in an attempt to return the sim and obtain a refund (£48). 

My first attempt was to arrange a refund online but my pay monthly account didn't have a record of my SIM purchase so that wouldn't work.  I couldn't proceed any further without the pin number which had been sent to the sim number in question.  As it was an Ipad sim that hadn't been used, I couldn't retrieve the pin so my next attempt was chat.

After a 20 minute online chat (goodness knows how long it takes people who don't touch type) I was told they couldn't help me and I needed to call customer service.

The next day I called customer service and after 40 minutes on the phone I was told by two different people that I should just destroy the sim as it was PAYG - I reminded them that it was PREPAID and there was a refund due, they seemed stumped by this and said someone would call me back.  No-one did so I called them back later, went through the whole thing again and an adviser called "Wade"  told me that the sim had been cancelled and I would receive a refund in 5 - 10 days.

12 days later I tried chat again to ask where my refund was.  Again, after 20 minutes they told me that they couldn't help.  So the next day after 22 minutes on the phone I was transferred to the PAYG department and spoke to a lady who advised that the sim hadn't been cancelled but she wasn't trained to cancel it or do refunds but she assured me that she was going straight over to her colleague who would be able to help and would call me back in 2 minutes.  Three days later I'm still waiting for that call and for the refund.

It's so frustrating that you can't email customer services so you have a choice of wasting time trying to get through on the phone or by chat and repeating the whole thing again - I have no appetite to do this for a 6th time!  It really shouldn't be difficult should it?

I have received two calls from 02 sales department this week trying to get me to renew my pay monthly contract which expires next month - no chance of that until this issue is resolved.  I currently owe £38 for my pay monthly bill and I'm so tempted to cancel my direct debit and offset but with such poor communication from 02, I'd end up getting a black mark on my credit record.

Anyway, apologies for my rant and well done if you've got this far, can anyone give me an address to write to that's not a P.O. box number so that I can send a letter by recorded delivery? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27649 Solutions
Also this one:
O2 Correspondence Team
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27649 Solutions

They are all PO Boxes as far as I know.
Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27649 Solutions
Also this one:
O2 Correspondence Team
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO23 5AP

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

a google search says http://boards.fool.co.uk/recorded-delivery-to-po-box-7519756.aspx royal mail should give you the full postal adress coresponding to a po box no

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Please under no circumstances cancel your direct debit. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You might also want to email CEO O2, address available on Google. 

Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

or direct to head office http://www.o2.co.uk/abouto2/company-details

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions