cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Customer service' in store

Anonymous
Not applicable

I called into an o2 store today to get some help with an issue I've been having with my iphone. On walking into the store I saw 3 staff members slouching against the phones on display, they were quick to ask if they could help but sadly that's where the compliments end.

I explained the problem as the staff member was already working on my phone (doing what I'm not sure as I hadn't explained the problem fully) When I finished he said 'I'll reset something, if that doesn't work then I can't help' It didn't work, he handed back the phone and gave a quick 'sorry' before disappearing back into conversation with another staff member. 

When home, I contacted your online help and was sent some settings to try. I'm not technically minded but I easily changed what needed changed and amazingly my phone now works! 

Really really disappointed with the lack of customer service shown to me instore

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

Not good service and I'm sorry to hear of your experience.

I'm also glad you managed to resolve it by live chat.

Let's hope they do better in the shop.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I went into my local store to buy a USB 3G dongle a few months ago. There were 2 assistants with customers and another two standing behind the till chatting. I walked up to the till and stood waiting for some sort of acknowledgement, to my surprise they just totally ignored me. Sensing that perhaps one might be a trainee with the other explaining something I wandered to the nearest display stand and fiddled with the phones whilst expecting that someone would approach me. I finally exploded when one of the assistants walked straight to the door and greeted a customer who had just walked in. At this point she produced a clipboard and told me that I had to book an appointment as they were busy. This being the case would it have not been polite to explain this when I walked into the shop in the first place. As an O2 Business Customer for many years I am not all impressed with the general level of customer service in the Shops and can usually get better advice and service from one of the competitors (mutiple outlets who also sell O2) just across the street.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been greeted at the front of an O2 store from an employee with said clipboard when they have been busy and granted the shop was rammed.

As you explain the experience this is clearly not how O2 want to portray their business. I wonder if it was a franchised shop ~ although that shouldn't make any difference. It's a retail outlet. Customer Service has to be paramount.

I would have spoken to the store manager to highlight my experience.
Message 4 of 13

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Sadly most mobile phone stores are more interested in sales rather than customer service. I went in to an O2 store today after picking up a nano sim for my iPad to confirm that 3 had unlocked it. O2's website will happily give me one without the need to top up (probably partially because with O2 you can sign up for the data service on the iPad). The store refused to give me one unless I topped it up.

Given O2's costs have dropped 5.1% and yet they've "had" to increase their pricing you would think they could spare a sim card or two

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've picked up SIM cards from £1 shops in the past !

Beats topping up with £10.

Or I just order one free online from O2.
Message 6 of 13

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I've ordered one online for free from O2 and Vodafone's websites but still waiting on them. Was passing the O2 shop today so thought I would just pick one up there to save waiting but apparently not

Not in a major rush as it's just to confirm my iPad is unlocked. 3 sent very mixed messages with an email saying it was unlocked, then another saying they couldn't unlock it and then a third saying it was unlocked so I just want to make sure.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am somewhat amazed that you have to book an appointment in an o2 store otherwise they won't assist you. I have been in my local o2 store several times in the last 3 years and always been greeted and had that initial discussion. Never had to make an appointment.
Message 8 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I went in once and had to book an appointment, not a problem as you could see they were really busy. if, however, they were lounging around doing sod all like in the OP's case, hell no, i'm going elsewhere. 

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Personally I wouldn't give you thanks for the staff in my local O2 store.

All young kids, who seem to think you are a 'bit of a div' if you have a very limited knowledge base of all things smartphone....(which I have) tongue

I would rather come onto the forums and ask for advice. Its usually better and well explained/informed.

I can do without being patronised, is the way I feel...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13