cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted customer services today regarding a 3 month old Xperia Z3 phone which had an aerial fault. After requesting what O2 could do about giving me a replacement phone while it was getting repaired, I had the phone put down on me.

2nd phone call, I thought I'd be smarter and get the persons name, after him spelling his first name, I asked him for his 2nd name, I had the phone put down on me.

Both had accents.

After many years of being an O2 customer, O2 can be assured they will not receive another penny of my business once my contract runs out.

I ended up having to buy another smart phone to tide me over while my phone was getting fixed.

I'm blazing mad at being treated this way!!!!!!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The only way to get a loan phone is in store, O2 can't send you one.

I'm not sure why they shouldn't have accents many people do.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know its a bit late to say this but its a pity you did not send the phone back to Sony. It is only 3 months old  and Sony repair turnaround is far quicker....and more honest

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can only get a loan phone from an o2 store but they are only basic handsets and require a £25 deposit which is refundable when the phone is returned.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Advisers do not have to give a full name and can simply give you their first name. Some do out of courtesy but if the call is outsourced they tend to use a nondeplume anyway.

Shame you were treated this way though in nearly 20 years of both working for O2 and being a customer I've never experienced that. 

Respect and courtesy go hand in hand but it's a two way street. Hopefully your next provider will give you the service you want.

Message 5 of 22

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Respect and courtesy go hand in hand but it's a two way street. Hopefully your next provider will give you the service you want.

Let's hope so maybe @Anonymous (sic) will get their name right too. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A slight improvement on my grandsons effort when he was little. I told him off and he said 'Oh Grandma...why are you so dippasointed with me ?' LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

A slight improvement on my grandsons effort when he was little. I told him off and he said 'Oh Grandma...why are you so dippasointed with me ?' LOL

@Cleoriff wrote:

I like it LOL

Message 8 of 22

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Malapropism rules ok! LOL

Message 9 of 22

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Malapropism rules ok! LOL

I wonder just how many people actually know what that means? 

Message 10 of 22