cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file default issue - Contract cancelled within 14 day cooling off period - Looking for advice

CCFC1927
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone

I have joined to try and talk to any experts about trying to get a default removed from wifes credit file.  She bought a phone via a 3rd party and returned it within the 14 day cooling off period.  This was in 2020.  We are now having issues with a remortgage hence trying to resolve urgently. 

After the unopened handset was promptly returned to the 3rd party supplier, they advised nothing else for us to do.  We were expecting the 1st bill of £57 to be credited in full.  Instead, O2 took the amount by Direct Debit and this was later refunded to her, by her bank via the DD Guarantee.   O2 showed her account as settled with 2 credit agencies... but later flagged a default with a 3rd credit agency and this default still showing.   We believe the initial bill should have been credited in full and account show as settled.

We have the details of the CFR team.  I want to understand if they are helpful or do we need to consider legal advice.  If using the CFR route, any tips.

She was within the 14 day cooling off period, yet O2's poor process is costing us very very dearly when trying to remortgage.  

Advice very welcome. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@CCFC1927 

I'd give the CFR team a chance to correct it first, however, they aren't known to respond very quickly.

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or you can write or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2