cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Scotland

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Tried various methods to highlight this with the company and no one seems overly bothered apart from the usual "we're doing everything we can" company line.

In short the coverage of 3G, and to be fair even basic gprs, is awful. I work as a tour guide in the Highlands and get next to no coverage north of the Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh central belt.

Even some of the larger towns, for example Portree on Skye, biggest town, thousands of visitors from all over and no reception. Ft William, Inverness and Aviemore pretty much basic gprs with no 3G.

I've flagged it up over the past few years and it doesnt get any better. Now if I go to Europe, USA, hell, even Japan, I get 3G everywhere - when you are sharing another companies network. Surely that has to be something you do here?

I have 4 months left on my contract, a busy summer of work coming up and I want to get my phone unlocked so I can use another sim in it while Im away - its really embarrasing asking your clients for their phones so you can check a site or make a call.

Who can help me with that? - not asking to get out of the contract, even though its not fit for my purpose and I was assured coverage was the best, I just want the phone sim free so I can use a better supplier where I need it.

Keith

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I appreciate your frustration.

Unlocking is free to contract
Customers.

Fill this form out

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I would check other networks signal via a payg sim before commuting to them.
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I appreciate your frustration.

Unlocking is free to contract
Customers.

Fill this form out

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I would check other networks signal via a payg sim before commuting to them.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, done.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Hope all goes ok for you.
Message 4 of 4