cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal and Familiy Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey team

We had four phones out of contract and not on a family plan. I went through a couple of hours discussion for renewing contracts and we agreed on a package on the basis of having a family plan to make it fall inside our target budget.

However, the family plan isn't automatically added. The customer has to start sending texts to O2 including 4 ten-digit phone numbers. Then the response is we'll be back in 3 working days. That's eating into the cooling-off period without providing the deal we'd agreed upon.

Why does O2 make this hard? The inclusion of the family plan was a negotiating point from O2 and key to the agreement. It should just be added in the contract renewal. All the handsets here are under one account already. As a software engineer, I don't see the sense in using another legacy error-prone system for managing this part of the deal. It looks like it's a throwback to the 1990's designed to trip the customer up.

Yours sincerely

MrBlueScreen

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Full details about the family plan are here https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

If you are having any problems at all, the best thing is to give customer services a call (don't use live chat) and they may be able  to get this sorted more quickly Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate you're trying to be helpful, but the opening post didn't report any issues with finding the instructions or following them.

The point was rather having to an SMS dance, use the correct passphrase 'LOYALTY' and enter four ten-digit telephone numbers is completely antiquated. And having to wait three business days for a potential failure during your cooling off period? Not a good customer experience.

Nothing else to say here.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Fair enough, although I also suggested you contact customer services in the hope they could do this more quickly for you. Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The system is totally antiquated and the problem is that customer serice have no way of overriding the 'system'. They treat it as a god and that it is never wrong. It's high time it was completely overhauled but that costs money. At the moment their systems are anything but high tech and it's left to the customer to keep chasing things up. That, I find unacceptable in 2019!

Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm really sorry to hear you've been finding this process time consuming, and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us - We'll pass on your comments on the Family Plan process to the Business slight_smile 

That being said, if you need any help with the setup of your plan or if there are any further feedback you have, please do let us know here and we'll either try and help or pass on more of your suggestions and feedback!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6