Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received this PM

Congratulations, npr!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Level 15: Cicerone.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The O2 Community Team

This sums up what I dislike about the new system.
If this PM is to encourage me to make more posts, it has the opposite affect. I am not interested in making posts just to climb up a silly ranking scheme.

And AFAIK I was already on that rank. Smiley Frustrated

Note:
I have not helped out in the broadband section since the new system was introduced and I see no prospect of this changing.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi npr,

Because of your post here, which was accepted as a solution, you collected enough points to move to a new rank. The naming for level 14 and level 15 were indeed the same, so thanks for bringing that up, I've fixed that now.

The PM is part of the standard Lithium functionality and was always in place. However, because you're now also moving up in ranks, just like the rest, you get these PMs as well. I can try and find out if these PMs can be blocked for you individually, if you'd want me to.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation.

Would be nice if that option is available in the users settings.

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

are they an automated system though

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it's an automated system, Stuart, but there are some possibilities for customisation, as far as I know.

We're speaking with lithium tomorrow, so I'll ask if there are any plans for adding that to the user section in the next release, npr.
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep, it's an automated system, Stuart, but there are some possibilities for customisation, as far as I know.

We're speaking with lithium tomorrow, so I'll ask if there are any plans for adding that to the user section in the next release, npr.

Any news on this Leonard?

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi npr,

There aren't any plans for those messages specifically. However, two possible solutions might be:
- Ignoring messages from this account
- Turning off PMs all together
Message 7 of 24

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So if we all ignore user Leonard we will not get any pm's from you this is not an accetable solution nor turning off all pm's

As I keep saying revert to previous system that was in use recently.

So I have ignored you now leonard in my settings great option.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam,

The old system had ranks in place as well, so that wouldn't fix anything.

As you only get these messages once every few weeks and you could simply not pay attention to them, I would agree that ignoring an account is a bit excessive.
Message 9 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leonard,
These are unnecessary their sole purpose is to manipulate member to chase rankings, no better than spam IMO. Each time I get one it reminds me of what I dislike about the way this forum is going.

I'm now using Adams solution and set my account to ignore Leonard.

Can I suggest a compromise:
Create an user account name for the sole purpose of sending these silly PM's, there will be no need to block you then.

Message 10 of 24