Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints Department

ralphyimages
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I sent this 6 days ago to O2 'complaint review service'' as I was so frustrated.

Dear Sirs

For a number of months now I have been buying additional data via ‘bolt-ons’ whenever I exceeded my 6Gb data allowance.  This was proving to be very expensive...

So I contacted yourselves several times both by telephone call and on your website to see if I could change to a more suitable package, but each time I was informed by a) voice call that there was no option to ‘upgrade’ other than for a significant monthly increase and also b) your website informed me that there were no tariffs available.

Today I researched other providers and found there was a much more suitable - and less expensive - package for my needs, and so I contacted yourselves to obtain a PAC code in order to change.  This was provided and then your customer service agent commented that I had been a long-standing customer and asked me why I was leaving.  When I explained the above he informed me that I could have a ‘30Gb Plan’ for a monthly cost of £15.00!
So it appears that  I have spent a significant amount of money (and time) unnecessarily in order to obtain data via bolt-ons and I would like your response as to why that is please.

So far, not even an acknowledgement of my email of the 21st September...

VERY disappointing of O2 customer service.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

This is not O2. This is a customer community. I will tag an O2 online advisor.

@O2nath_ci or @O2KyleW can you please assist @ralphyimages?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

ralphyimages
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am an O2 customer and was sharing my experience of O2 within the O2 community under the heading of 'Discussions and Feedback'.

Message 3 of 13

ralphyimages
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It does say we can 'raise legitimate complaints' here...

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 14.02.34.png

Message 4 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@ralphyimages You can raise a complaint by all means, but the statement posted by the community manager is rhetorical. We as customers don't have access to anyone else's account, so there isn't anything anyone can do for you here other than what I've done to tag an advisor.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You spoke to the Retentions team whose sole purpose is to try and keep customers

They can offer deals not available to customer service or via the online shop

Message 6 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Incidentally, you can get the same 30GB for just £10 through third party retailers

These deals are not even available to the Retentions team

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/?networks[]=o2

Message 7 of 13

ralphyimages
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, thank you for your reply.

Message 8 of 13

ralphyimages
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your explanation.  I must admit it had never occured to me that by leaving I could get a more suitable deal than by remaining as a loyal customer!  But then I'm 'old-school' as my wife sometimes points out. 😉

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@ralphyimages wrote:

Thank you for your explanation.  I must admit it had never occured to me that by leaving I could get a more suitable deal than by remaining as a loyal customer!  But then I'm 'old-school' as my wife sometimes points out. 😉

Like any company, they like to keep customers on a 'higher' rate compared to new offers

In the same way you get better deals when threatening to leave any of the commodity suppliers such as Sky

Message 10 of 13