Did you mean: 

Complaint network coverage

UM185
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Process to raise a complaint

I’ve had no reception in my area due to a mat being down for 4 weeks.  On 3 separate occasions on the O2 website, the coverage has extended the date the issue will be fixed.

I’ve emailed complaintreviewservice@o2.com a handful off times, however get an automated email stating I’ll get a response within 7 working days, however no response received following that.

I’ve sent multiple chaser emails also

Customer service is absolutely pathetic

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

No one will give you an ETA on fixing a mast, far too many variables.

Your Terms and Conditions don't guarantee continual coverage in an area. 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

UM185
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I appreciate that, howeve 4 x weeks is an absolute joke.  Furthermore the fact nobody has even bothered to inform me prior to the mast being remediated is absurd.

Am I just meant to sit here waiting and waiting with no realistic updates.

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@UM185 You can use 4G calling to get you through the mast issue if you have a compatible phone:

Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

You can also try Pay & Go sims from the other networks to find out if they are using a different mast in your area. If you can find a better signal you can then switch providers.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@UM185 

Im sorry but tough, and 4 weeks isnt that long in all fairness... 

You can always pay up and leave Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@UM185 wrote:

Process to raise a complaint

I’ve had no reception in my area due to a mat being down for 4 weeks.  On 3 separate occasions on the O2 website, the coverage has extended the date the issue will be fixed.

I’ve emailed complaintreviewservice@o2.com a handful off times, however get an automated email stating I’ll get a response within 7 working days, however no response received following that.

I’ve sent multiple chaser emails also

Customer service is absolutely pathetic

@UM185 

You cannot raise a complaint via this forum as it is customer to customer - there are no O2 staff on here. 

We understand that O2 are taking up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, so you might need to wait longer to hear from them. However, I do not believe that the response will be what you are looking for ; this is not a long delay if there is a serious issue with the mast, and the Terms and Conditions that you signed up to do not guarantee you service. 

Please also bear in mind if you decide to leave that the T&Cs of all of the UK networks are similar in this regard, so you are unlikely to be better off elsewhere.   

Message 6 of 6